Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    gdial pro does not play voicemails in the app, for me it doesnt
    I tried to use the web portal built into GDial to listen (the right-most button on the bottom), and it didn't work. But if you hit the middle button, which lists the call history, you can click on a message: you'll see the transcribed message, with a button to "listen". That button works fine.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I tried to use the web portal built into GDial to listen (the right-most button on the bottom), and it didn't work. But if you hit the middle button, which lists the call history, you can click on a message: you'll see the transcribed message, with a button to "listen". That button works fine.
    I tried that and my call log is empty, so there is nothing there. I'm only using google voicemail right now, not my google voice number, if that makes a difference.
    Nice! That works for me. The issue I have though is that if the phone is muted, it still doesn't play through headphones. Is that expected? If phone is unmuted, it plays through headphones and the speaker.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Nice! That works for me. The issue I have though is that if the phone is muted, it still doesn't play through headphones. Is that expected? If phone is unmuted, it plays through headphones and the speaker.
    Check in Preware. I think I remember coming across a recent patch that fixes this issue.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have enabled the forwarding to GV vm, and it works, but it's not as seamless as I'd like.

When I call my phone, it rings 4 times or so, but then GV will ring once before the vm activates. This happens whether "go straight to voice mail" is enabled or not. It is obvious to the caller that the call is being forwarded to another system.

Another issue for me...the greeting that I recorded for the GV vm is noticeably louder that the Sprint vm greeting. I have tried several times to speak more softly, etc., without success.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Maybe my expectations are too high.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Me neither...
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Me neither...
    Are you going to a voicemail on the history page and then scrolling to the bottom (below the transcription) and hitting "Listen"?
    i'm having an issue w/ gDial pro. it keeps on saying my username/password is invalid. Sorry if someone has already asked/answered this issue. I couldn't read all 13 pages.
    When you press the listen button in the gdial pro app to listen to your voicemails your phone cannot be on vibrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    When you press the listen button in the gdial pro app to listen to your voicemails your phone cannot be on vibrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think you mean the ringer switch must be on. It's not a 'vibrate' switch.

Yes... gDial Pro plays your voicemails thru the speaker on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post
    What happens if I fail to "forward my calls from the cell phone directly to voicemail", all my other phones ring and I answer the call on one of them? Do I still get charged the $0.20/min? I tried it lastnight and I didn't see the call show up under "additional charges". Does anyone have any clarification on this?
    There will be no "additional charges", however, you will still be deducted Anytime minutes when someone is forwarded to your GV voicemail. Listening to the voicemails during peak hours will also deduct from your bucket of anytime minutes... unless you have Pick 3/5, S2H, etc. configured to use your GV #, of course.

So if your phone is off during peak hours one day from a dead battery, and you get 50 calls that go staright to voicemail... you better not plan on making any calls to landlines that month!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    I think you mean the ringer switch must be on. It's not a 'vibrate' switch.
    It's just as much a vibrate switch as it is a ringer switch... Just like a light switch is just as much a dark switch, On/off = 2 states, not 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericsliberty View Post
    does the free conditional forwarding work now?

anyone?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I have found it to be inconsistent. Sometimes it plays and other times it does not. I haven't found the common denominator but have just activated this feature of call forwading to my google voice yesterday so am still testing.

--- Update
    Be sure to have the Silent toggle switch on the Pre disabled, and volume turned up. Does not play through earpieces. however, does play through speaker or through headset only if the Silent switch is disabled.

Am using gDial Pro v0.9.1
    Last edited by jghacker; 11/11/2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Playing voicemail on gDial Pro
    A picture is worth 1000 words. Here's 3000 worth.

Open the GDial Pro app, and select the History button:

Select the message you want to read/listen to:

Scroll down to the bottom. There's a Listen button:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I tried that and my call log is empty, so there is nothing there. I'm only using google voicemail right now, not my google voice number, if that makes a difference.
    Not sure what you're saying. If you have voicemails saved in the system, the History button should show them.

Right now, my wife is the only one that has my GV number. I set up the forwarding with Sprint, and it's working fine for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    It's just as much a vibrate switch as it is a ringer switch... Just like a light switch is just as much a dark switch, On/off = 2 states, not 1.
    As it is just as much a 'mute' switch. So a ringer switch seems more definitive; as a 'ringer switch' switches the ringer off to vibrate or mute. At least that's my perspective ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by scott healey View Post
    As it is just as much a 'mute' switch. So a ringer switch seems more definitive; as a 'ringer switch' switches the ringer off to vibrate or mute. At least that's my perspective ;p
    Actually, I just checked. Mine's a plastic switch. Debate settled...
    You don't need to call your Google voice number to listen to your voice mails!!! Just read this thread for instructions.

Also, if I got 50 VMs while my battery was dead that would be another issue altogether

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    There will be no "additional charges", however, you will still be deducted Anytime minutes when someone is forwarded to your GV voicemail. Listening to the voicemails during peak hours will also deduct from your bucket of anytime minutes... unless you have Pick 3/5, S2H, etc. configured to use your GV #, of course.

So if your phone is off during peak hours one day from a dead battery, and you get 50 calls that go staright to voicemail... you better not plan on making any calls to landlines that month!!
    GUYS!!! what username/password is gDial pro asking for?
    my google voice username/password works online... i can't make it work on gDial pro.