1.    #1  
    Alright,
    Tonight I sold my palm pre to this ladie on Craigs list and right before i sold it to her i did a full format on the phone...thinking that took care of all the data. Well I got home and it just hit me that i forgot to go and uninstall the patches manually!!
    My question is that when she updates...is it going to mess her phone up? Would the full format have taken it off? Any answers would be great! Thanks guys
    By full format, do you mean WebOS Doctor, or just wipe all data?

If the former, you are fine. If the last, she could have a failed update and require WebOS Doctor.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    What do you mean 'full format'? Was a full restore from WebOSDoctor or something else?
    I believe patches are still there. You had to remove patches then restart for patches to be fully removed from device. Her phone will have problems when updating in the future. If your an honest person, email or call back and explain so you can remove patches and give her a stock Pre. But if ur not, atleast you got your money. I prefer contacting and explaining.
    I think he meant just full erase from the phone.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Just send them an email, telling them you forget to remove some modifications and ask if she cares. If she does, remove em for her.
  7.    #7  
    I emailed her. I feel terrible! It just hit me like a box of rocks when i got home. I was like DOH...i forgot to remove the patches. Everything happened so fast...put it on craiglist and within an hour i got a call from her wanting to buy the phone and i had to backup my data...call sprint..meet her...and i completely forgot about removing the patches
    Just tell her to run webOS Doctor to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    I emailed her. I feel terrible! It just hit me like a box of rocks when i got home. I was like DOH...i forgot to remove the patches. Everything happened so fast...put it on craiglist and within an hour i got a call from her wanting to buy the phone and i had to backup my data...call sprint..meet her...and i completely forgot about removing the patches

Hey man if you don't mind me asking how much did you end up getting and what all did you include?

Thanks man!
  10.    #10  
    i sold it for 200.00 and included the things that came with it. I was just looking to get what i put into it