Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok get this. My buddy bought as a Pre two days ago, and today dropped it in 6 inches of ice cold water (cooler). Dried it with a hair dry on cool, and then called me two hours later. Volume bar was stuck on the bottom of the screen, but it worked. I told him to dry it some more (open, battery out). An hour after that he called and said it was flawless. Speaker, everything works great. I feel shell shocked. Anybody else try to drown their Pre?
    not personally but it has worked for others.

it may not be completely dry yet. Have him put it in rice with the battery oout over night to make sure he gets that last bit of moisture out.
    I did. Fell in a pond. Grabbed it quickly and removed battery but had no way to dry it.
    After two days of drying I put the battery in and it worked but had water smears inside.

I thought they were permanent until I realized it was slowly changing shape overtime. Today I hooked the phone up to the charger, sat it in the sun, and ran intensive apps (Nav, streaming, Browser etc). It started to make a hissing sound and in 3 hrs the inside dried up.

Now the phones like new.
    Use rice....Done this with 2 phones of which one was a blackberry. After overnight in a rice bowl it worked like before.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Hell, you can snap it apart like Twix and it still works.

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=gage006;2000775]Hell, you can snap it apart like Twix and it still works.

[IMG]

Man those pictures made me feel real bad inside.
    My car flooded the otherday cuz my back glass in the convertable top has detatched itself from the canvas. Anyways I was coming home from work. (SPRINT INDIRECT) and was wearing dress pants that were really smooth. Had the pre in my lap when i hit the brakes. It went into the floorboard in a 3inch pool of water. picked it up and never saw any affects from the liquid.
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Is your friend loaded or something? Why would he drop it in a glass of water? O_O
    i saw a youtube video where a guy dropped his pre into his beer (on purpose since he kept having phone issues so his boss said he would buy him a iphone if he did it) anyway, while still in the beer, they called it and it still rang, after about 2 mins it finally started to shut down... dumb video, but very intersting. I have had customers with water damamge and I tell them to dry it out with a hair dryer then set it on the tv overnight with the tv turned on, something about the elctrostatic frequencies dries it right up..
    SCK Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    then set it on the tv overnight with the tv turned on, something about the elctrostatic frequencies dries it right up..
    Electrostatic frequencies? I think you've been holding your Pre too close to your head when talking.

Seriously, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Electrostatic frequencies? I think you've been holding your Pre too close to your head when talking.

whatever it is that makes this work.... sounds weird but trust me, putting it on the tv overnight will work..
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Electrostatic frequencies...ha! When a TV is on it will heat up, whether it's a CRT, an LCD, or a plasma there are transformers inside that heat up while its in use and they're designed to radiate that heat out the top.

What they're doing by leaving it on top of a TV that's on is the same as putting it on an electric heating pad set on low, or on top of a heat register, or any other source of low constant heat.

Electrostatic frequencies... hahaha, that's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    whatever it is that makes this work.... sounds weird but trust me, putting it on the tv overnight will work..
    Yeah, it's called "heat."
    Get a clear bag - put some ric ein it, then close it up, put on a TV too warm up, overnight you have a new phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

I wasn't going to say anything, until I saw your post. Yeah, total BS. Something that sounds technical / smart, but really isn't.
    Maybe you need to wear an ESD wriststrap when on your Pre.

Kiosk Manager = Mall Rat
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 10/27/2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Poor grammar.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

16.    #16  
    LMAO, that was way too funny.

TMed ATL, if you know the link post it would you, I'd love to see that.

Gage006, does your phone do more than the BSOD (Battery (in this case) Screen of Death)?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    LMAO, that was way too funny.

TMed ATL, if you know the link post it would you, I'd love to see that.

Gage006, does your phone do more than the BSOD (Battery (in this case) Screen of Death)?
    It's not mine, from some guy on Gizmodo.
    My Pre fell into a diet coke. Got very hot when on, and anything generating sound led to a screeching buzz, and locking up. After drying it in a heat autoclave (like an oven) it still buzzed.

I need a phone for my business, and had no insurance on the phone, so had to purchase a new Pre.

The next morning my old Pre worked fine, and has ever since!!!

I returned the replacement (it was less than 24 hours) no problem. Love the Sprint people!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything, until I saw your post. Yeah, total BS. Something that sounds technical / smart, but really isn't.
    Maybe you need to wear an ESD wriststrap when on your Pre.

Kiosk Manager = Mall Rat
    thanks for being a bunch of dicks guys... and by the way, im not in a mall but a sam's club

I was just saying what I was told. I love fourms that just use others post to put them down so they can feel better about theirselves. Everyone is a toughguy on the internet,

The point of a fourm is to share and help not to put down and troll. I admitted that maybe it wasnt so called frequencies, Just spittin what a tmobile rep told me a while back. Lets grow up and get back to HELPING others.
    Leaving your phone on the back of the TV is a useful method, even if what i was told was not the reason behind it. Google it
    SCK Manager
    Electrostatic frequencies or not, do not put down users for their help. If you wish to disagree with a statement made by any of the users here at PreCentral, that is your right, but do so in an adult manner.

Dispersion properties of low-frequency electrostatic waves in metallic carbon nanotubes (CNTs) are investigated. We assume that metallic CNTs are charged due to the field emission, and hence the metallic nanotubes can be regarded as charged dust rods surrounded by degenerate electrons and ions. We deduce the perturbed electron and ion number densities by using the quantum hydrodynamic model, while the dust rod density perturbation follows the classical expression. The Poisson equation, in turn, gives the dispersion relation for the low-frequency electrostatic oscillations in our three-species bounded plasma system composed of metallic CNTs. The oscillation frequency of CNTs can be used for diagnostic purposes, e.g. for the determination of charge on nanotubes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast