Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I have not seen this talked about and just want to share with people.

The earbuds came with Pre has a button on it. If you are playing music or podcast, one press will pause it and double press will restart the playback.

I found it very convenient.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I was playing around with this today. Awesome little headphones
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    yea and if I remember right three presses skips forward to next track
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I have not seen this talked about and just want to share with people.

The earbuds came with Pre has a button on it. If you are playing music or podcast, one press will pause it and double press will restart the playback.

I found it very convenient.
    Is that w/Pandora too?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I've never noticed a button on the OEM earbuds... did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    I've never noticed a button on the OEM earbuds... did I miss something?
    It's right where the two wires split.
    I'll stick with my Shures.
    KSOM, thanks! I never even noticed it.
    yea one press pauses, another will start music again and a tripple press will skip to the next song. Also the button answers calls.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    it also has a mic on the backside of the button as well so you can use it as a headset
    Thanks for the tip, i knew it worked with the call but i had know idea about the audio playback.. also i just checked and it does work with Pandora
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Haven't used the OEM earbuds for a while because I got these nifty over-the-ear wireless headphones:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...o-headset.html
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Haven't used the OEM earbuds for a while because I got these nifty over-the-ear wireless headphones:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...o-headset.html
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Sorry about the double post, my Pre is seriously lagging right now, ***?

I accidentally tapped the submit button twice.

How do I delete a post?
    Just a little off here. A single press pauses the music, yes. Another single press will restart the music.... only if the screen is still on when you press the button. A quick double-press will skip forward a track.

Personally I hate that the resume feature no longer works if the screen is off, because often I'll pause the music to talk to someone, and then by the time I'm done talking, I'll need to take the phone out of my pocket to resume the music.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Did anyone know that the earbubs have magnets on both ends so they can stay together when not in use!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Personally I hate that the resume feature no longer works if the screen is off, because often I'll pause the music to talk to someone, and then by the time I'm done talking, I'll need to take the phone out of my pocket to resume the music.
    Try press-and-hold for a couple/three seconds, then release and click. Sometimes you have to do the sequence again if it doesn't take.

I wish these were documented somewhere. I discovered that one through experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeInMKE View Post
    Try press-and-hold for a couple/three seconds, then release and click. Sometimes you have to do the sequence again if it doesn't take.

I wish these were documented somewhere. I discovered that one through experimentation.
    Thanks for that, that's a huge help.

I just fixed another issue I'd been having with the headset button for advancing tracks with a patch. I always had trouble knowing if the Pre recognized my double-press or not and the next track was just very faint, or if the Pre paused the song. This patch fixes that by doing a long vibrate when it recognizes the track advance.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    would love to try it if my dog hadn't destroyed my set
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    That same button will answer, hang-up, and mute your voice while youre in a call also.

Yea, you can take calls with them also.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast