1.    #1  
    Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before but I found a cool feature in the browser. In portrait mode you can scroll downwards on webpages by pressing spacebar. To scroll up press shift. I find this alot easier than thumbing down pages and accidentally hitting links.
    I didn't know about this. Good find!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Cool, didn't know this. Hitting links while scrolling is annoying. The lag in scrolling doesn't help either.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    you must have the download in web patch............
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Looks like back space takes you to the top as well and return or enter takes you to the bottom.

I can't get the shift to work. Is that the Orange button or the up arrow?
    Those features are part of the "download in browser" patch. However, there is a built-in feature that makes browsing easier: in landscape mode you can page up/down by swiping the gesture area.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7.    #7  
    the up arrow is the shift. I do have several patches but not a backspace/shift patch.
    waddle your right backspace takes you to the top of page
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    the up arrow is the shift. I do have several patches but not a backspace/shift patch.
    waddle your right backspace takes you to the top of page

It's browser multi mod patch that contains this functionality.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before but I found a cool feature in the browser. In portrait mode you can scroll downwards on webpages by pressing spacebar. To scroll up press shift. I find this alot easier than thumbing down pages and accidentally hitting links.
    Not with THIS Pre.
    Yeah I have a stock Pre and none of these features work. Except the gesture area swiping that was mentioned.
    Odd - it doesn't work with my Pre
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just tried this and nothing happened. Just using an unmodified phone.
  13.    #13  
    ok it must be the multi mod patch.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Drat!
    ok it must be the multi mod patch.
    Yes - from the multi-mod thread:

A patch has been added in the autopatch feed available via preware or WebOS Quick Install to enhance the browser. This adds a URL entry field in landscape mode, and also navigational shortcuts. It also adds the option to download or stream streamable files.

Quote:
    ADDED THESE FUNCTIONALITIES TO THE BROWSER -drnull & drPodder development

* Backspace=top of page
    * Enter=bottom of page
    * Shift = page up
    * Space = page down
    * Period = scroll down a line (50 pixels technically).
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabro View Post
    Drat!
    sorry bout that. In any case you should try preware. It easy to setup. After that its like having a second app catalog. I went from 50% satisfied with the pre to close to 85% satisfied. Preware really makes a difference
    where can i find the patch i looked everywhere and cant find it
    I just use the gesture area... make sure to use half swipes though if you have advanced gestures on you will switch between apps.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Definitely found this helpful, thanks!