View Poll Results: Have you had keyboard issues?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 16.00%
  • No

21 84.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My phone froze, and I had to do a reset via power hold/toggle ringer switch. After it reset my keyboard won't work!! This is the first time my phone has froze up like this. It has froze before, but I was able to recover without a reset all the time.

So far i've tried all 3 kinds of resets (regular power, ringer toggle, and sym/orange/r combination). Ive also tried doing the device info interactive tests.

Any other suggestions? Do you think its even worth doing a factory reset, or should I just call sprint (it's under warranty)?

thanks

EDIT- i just took the battery out and put it back...still nothing
    Last edited by kingjain; 10/26/2009 at 10:42 PM.
    did you drop it or anything
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    did you drop it or anything
    no i did not drop it. i was simply using it like normal, then it froze up. I had to reset, and the keyboard does not work now. very frustrating.

EDIT- guess that means im going to a sprint store tomorrow
    Last edited by kingjain; 10/26/2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Sounds like youve been tweaking a little too much w/o understanding how this stuff affects other things.

Try the WebOsDoctor before you take a tweaked Pre into the Sprint Store.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Sounds like youve been tweaking a little too much w/o understanding how this stuff affects other things.

Try the WebOsDoctor before you take a tweaked Pre into the Sprint Store.
    i have done 0 tweaks lol. homebrew apps, yes. tweaking, not at all.

in fact, i don't even have a virtual keyboard so right now my phone is nearly useless for me.
    Last edited by kingjain; 10/26/2009 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    i have done 0 tweaks lol. homebrew apps, yes. tweaking, not at all.

in fact, i don't even have a virtual keyboard so right now my phone is nearly useless for me.
    Didnt mean to sound accusitory(sp?) If there are no tweaks or patches on your pre then I definitely recommend you return it to the Sprint store.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

pull out the battery it was the only way to get mine working again.
    The same thing happened to mine on Sunday. First, "o" got stuck and just kept hitting the same letter over and over. I did a battery pull and once it restarted, my keyboard didn't work at all. I finally had to another battery pull and it worked. I was not happy at that time. Fortunately, I had my work phone with me.
    You might just have a key stuck. Rubber your fingers across all the keys and try and press hard so you can un-jam a key if it is indeed stuck.

I voted NO, but when I think about it I think I did have a keyboard problem and by rubbing the keyboard, I managed to get the stuck key unstuck.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I haven't had keyboard issues like you're describing, but I have had personal issues with the keyboard...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Battery pull. It's happened to me a couple times.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I just started to have this problem early this morning...my entire keyboard does not work. I want to try to pull the battery just has people have suggested, BUT my power button is broken. Is there any other way to turn the phone on if I pull the battery? If I plug in the powercord, would it boot my phone?

Any advice would be helpful.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by aktruong View Post
    I just started to have this problem early this morning...my entire keyboard does not work. I want to try to pull the battery just has people have suggested, BUT my power button is broken. Is there any other way to turn the phone on if I pull the battery? If I plug in the powercord, would it boot my phone?

Any advice would be helpful.
    You must take out the battery and leave it out for a few minutes. I did it for 30 secs and it still didnt work, but then i tried 30 mins (probably a little overboard) and the keyboard worked again.

that being said, when i plug the charger in, it powers on the phone automatically.

sorry for the super late response...havent been on in a while.
    Just had the same thing happen to me twice in the past hour. Very strange! I didn't drop my phone nor patch it. Battery pull fixed it both times. If it happens again, I'm gonna try the doctor.
    My problems just started this evening. I'm typing and it'll repeat a letter like 10 times - or more. You hit the backspace and it wipes out everything. Did a luna restart with no effect. Battery pull?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    You must take out the battery and leave it out for a few minutes. I did it for 30 secs and it still didnt work, but then i tried 30 mins (probably a little overboard) and the keyboard worked again.

that being said, when i plug the charger in, it powers on the phone automatically.

sorry for the super late response...havent been on in a while.
    super-late? that was a year ago!
    Geez, what is with all of the "Lazarus" threads lately??
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Geez, what is with all of the "Lazarus" threads lately??
    Boredom, most likely.

And yes, DaisysMom, it's worth a try, before a doctor or anything else.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Boredom, most likely.

And yes, DaisysMom, it's worth a try, before a doctor or anything else.

Sent from my eVo
    Did the battery pull for about 20-30 seconds. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Did the battery pull for about 20-30 seconds. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks.
    Hope it keeps working for you.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast