Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I have been waiting ever so patiently for the GSM version of the PRE. Just wondering if anyone has gotten it to work fully on AT&T yet. I bought the sprint version, and let me tell you the PRE is awesome but Sprint service sucks in Hawaii. Thanks in advanced
    Yes, rest assured if you buy the German unlocked Pre voice and data for AT&T will work perfectly, activation everything, BUT NO 3G CONTRARY TO WHAT OTHER'S HAVE POSTED. It is only dual band not triband UMTS 900/2100 for the other side of the pond as I like to say. I owned one briefly and thankfully the seller let me return it so if your ok with an $800.00 paperweight with lowly Edge for data dive in. It is simply not worth it for this much money. Kevin
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Kevin, thanks for your quick reply. Dayamn it is not worth it without 3G. I thought that some guys were trying to get that to work. I tried to follow that but it seemed that it stopped and i havent found anyone trying to get it to work with AT&T. A lot of Tmobiles and other carriers. Daymn you Palm....thanks again.
    Hi Rino,
    Not a problem and what you are referring to other people trying to get 3g to work is simply not possible and these people, many on this forum are in at state of serious denial. I was the one who officially found the actual pdf Manual for the EU pre and if you want and give me your e-mail I can send it to you. On page 193 the only pg that matters it has the spec's for the EU Model and it is DUAL BAND UMTS AND NOT TRI BAND. No amount of hacking in the world can put a band in a high end phone that does not exist in the 1st place and what upsets me the most is almost all eBay seller's want you to believe it has 3g for AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrirvine View Post
    Hi Rino,
    Not a problem and what you are referring to other people trying to get 3g to work is simply not possible and these people, many on this forum are in at state of serious denial. I was the one who officially found the actual pdf Manual for the EU pre and if you want and give me your e-mail I can send it to you. On page 193 the only pg that matters it has the spec's for the EU Model and it is DUAL BAND UMTS AND NOT TRI BAND. No amount of hacking in the world can put a band in a high end phone that does not exist in the 1st place and what upsets me the most is almost all eBay seller's want you to believe it has 3g for AT&T.
    Damnit. That means the only way for me to possibly get a web os device on AT&T is for palm to actually release an official one for AT&T. Playing to waiting game is fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    I have been waiting ever so patiently for the GSM version of the PRE. Just wondering if anyone has gotten it to work fully on AT&T yet. I bought the sprint version, and let me tell you the PRE is awesome but Sprint service sucks in Hawaii. Thanks in advanced
    I am trying to understand why ATT. You said service sucks. Is it the 3G or the phone service? It should roam to "V" and the plan would cost less then ATT.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralfish View Post
    Damnit. That means the only way for me to possibly get a web os device on AT&T is for palm to actually release an official one for AT&T. Playing to waiting game is fun.
    I agree it sucks however I have good news for you though it will not be until q1 2010. The manual as engadget also refers to shows an unlocked, yes no carrier subsidied Pre, with 850/1900 bands UMTS/HSDPA for AT&T that is for sure to happen yet att will not be carrying it directly. It will be unlocked yet with the att bands so obviously much more money but I am all over this when it happens in the next 3-4 month's. Sorry, t-mo fans, no 3g pre love for you nor will their ever be. fyi, the delay is sprint's exclusivity till yrs end and to wait until the eu rollout of the device is finished which thankfully won't be too much longer. I guarantee my info to be 100 true so hang tight people it is going to happen so don't spend 800.00 on the german pre with just edge for data and a qwertz keyboard. kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinrirvine View Post
    I agree it sucks however I have good news for you though it will not be until q1 2010. The manual as engadget also refers to shows an unlocked, yes no carrier subsidied Pre, with 850/1900 bands UMTS/HSDPA for AT&T that is for sure to happen yet att will not be carrying it directly. It will be unlocked yet with the att bands so obviously much more money but I am all over this when it happens in the next 3-4 month's. Sorry, t-mo fans, no 3g pre love for you nor will their ever be. fyi, the delay is sprint's exclusivity till yrs end and to wait until the eu rollout of the device is finished which thankfully won't be too much longer. I guarantee my info to be 100 true so hang tight people it is going to happen so don't spend 800.00 on the german pre with just edge for data and a qwertz keyboard. kevin
    Could I get some evidence for this seemingly amazing news?
    This is all I found with Google:
    AT&T expects to sell Palm Pre when Sprint's exclusivity ends
    I'm not sure if that was what kevin was referring to. Doesn't look like it.
    Just call me Berd.
    My understanding is that the Palm Pre is going to be announced on Mexico's TELCEL network any day now...TELCEL's is GSM and their UTMS (3G) network is on the 850MHz band...

I am assuming that phone, if not locked, would work on AT&T and Fido/Rogers in Canada with full 3G data support using a TurboSIM?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    somebody had one(pre on att) at the sprint developer conference. Read it somewhere
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I am trying to understand why ATT. You said service sucks. Is it the 3G or the phone service? It should roam to "V" and the plan would cost less then ATT.
    Finally Pre, In Hawaii AT&T is pretty good, but sprint reception is really bad. i know that its the other way around in the states...I guess i just have to wait longer until palm releases a unlocked Pre....
  13. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Here's another option:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...m-gsm-pre.html

In that thread, one or two people asked about getting it working on AT&T (no responses that I saw), and the company's website does include references to US GSM carriers.

I'm still looking for a vendor that sells the UK version and will ship it to the US. (Most sites seem to be focusing on the German version, and I want something with both US 3G and a QWERTY--not QWERTZ--keyboard.)
    The pre work great on the at&t network
    o2 model has 3g update the pre
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcain68 View Post
    The pre work great on the at&t network
    o2 model has 3g update the pre
    Rcain, where did you see that, is there a link or something...and if so where can i get one.
    GO TO o2 Main web site then click on Telefónica around the world
    Choose uk or german try uk first then click plam pre icon then click help!
    Help - O2)

I attempted to follow your instructions. I have no idea what you are talking about. From what i see, they don't mention anything about the USA, let alone AT&T.
    On my unlock palm pre german O2 on top right hand show E or G
    E=edge G=3G
    in the website the uk I download the configuration world ready 1.0
    palm pre version 1.1.3

or do a update with wifi when i got the phone and i can switch 2G or 3G
    but sometime it goto E alot but in nyc it will goto G=3g
    Actually G is GPRS, worse than EDGE.

UMTS or HSDPA will actually say 3G.

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/support/d...re_UG_enGB.pdf

Page 160.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    you are right just got back from paris the gsm palm pre show 3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast