1.    #1  
    I've installed the Roam Only patch because I have really bad service at home. What I want to know is will I have to pay more for this? I've never know how roam actually works. Thanks
    You should not have to pay more for it, but Sprint reserves the right to cancel their service to you if the majority of data or voice calls are roaming. So be careful with the roam only patch, and get wifi at home.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    Well how about if I'm using roam at home with wifi? I just need the roam for calls and txts. Thanks for the reply
    With wifi, you're greatly reducing the data used while roaming, so unless you do most of your calling and texting from home, I think you're probably okay. You can also turn off data usage while at home, which will force you to wifi only (though you won't get emails with the screen turned off that way) for data.

You could also complain to Sprint about your poor signal in your house. Many people have gotten free Airaves that way.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    also known as a crack through which you can wedge yourself out from under a contract. cough.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks alot jbg7474 for the information. I'm just going to leave the roaming since I don't really talk much on the phone but I just hate not getting any calls because of my bad service.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I love the Roam Only patch for the most part. I have WiFi at home and at work so I disable Data Usage in both locations and set it to Roam Only. It seems to really help my battery too. I don't get any charges for roaming and everything seems to work except Pic texts. Regular texts come thru fine, but anything with a picture or audio doesn't come thru until I turn Data Usage on.
    However, there is one area to be concerned about. My phone froze and I had to reset it by taking the battery out. When it booted up and came to the log-in page for my Palm Profile, it wouldn't let me access it because I was not on the Sprint Network. It was stuck on roaming. The phone wouldn't go passed this page so it was un-useable. I had to do an RTN reset and get an MSL code from Sprint. Which completely wipes out the phone and USB drive (photos, songs, etc.). I like to live dangerously so I added all my patches back, including Roam Only, and everything has been running fine for a couple weeks now.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    roam works faster than evdo half the time
    Also be aware that Any Mobile, Anytime does not apply to calls made or received while roaming.