Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    is there any way to get pictures and stuff that isn't on your palm profile off of your phone and on to the new one with a cracked screen? clearly, you cant' touch it. and i can't select usb when i plug it into my computer. i'm afraid. i don't want to lose them all!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Take it into the Sprint store?
    You might be able to get WQI to recognize it by using the volume up trick that gets the Dr. to recognize the Pre. Not sure though.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    ... and this is why local sync is necessary. Even if it's sync over wifi... with option to only sync manually to make sure you're on the right network, or automatically with a certain SSID and possibly password, etc...

Palm better be thinking of something to handle the local sync issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    ... and this is why local sync is necessary. Even if it's sync over wifi... with option to only sync manually to make sure you're on the right network, or automatically with a certain SSID and possibly password, etc...

Palm better be thinking of something to handle the local sync issue.
    I disagree. The only data in jeopardy is what's on the USB portion, and that is sync-able under normal circumstances. Other data is backed up to your Palm profile and will return when you log into it on the replacement device (with the exception of SplashID data).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I was unaware that all your pics and vids are stored on the Palm server?!? As well as text messages, etc...

And even if that were true, I wouldn't want that. Plain and simple.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    You will need to connect it and use webos quickinstall and pull off each file individually. You will need to know the exact path and file name for each file so you might want to get your new pre and copy down the folder paths. Then for things like pics check the naming convention and increment the #'s and you'll get em all eventually.
    If you just connect the pre to usb, what mode is it in? You can access login to a shell?