1.    #1  
    Hello,

I would like to add files to my pre from my pc using my micro usb port WHILE the pre is on the touchstone.. is this safe?
    It'll probly explode. DON'T DO IT!!

Naw, I have no idea. Interesting question, tho.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I've used mine with it on the touchstone. I have two cables and it works fine.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC 3200 (bad move) > Treo Pro (not as bad but still WinMo) > Palm Pre
    Whenever you attach the microUSB the pre charges regardless of which mode you select and regardless of weather the other end of the micro usb is connected to the wall plug or to a computer.
    I've done so and didn't notice any problems. No fires or explosions yet.
  6.    #6  
    i will try it, if i dont respond.. im dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Infamous View Post
    The suspense is killing me.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Infamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    The suspense is killing me.
    lol....

my man macgyver fav show of all time..got all the seasons on dvd.. plus the 2 movies.. sorry got off topic,lol
    Why would you do this if the Pre is already charging while connected via usb? Does the touchstone charge the Pre appreciably quicker than the usb port?
    I think the charging methods went in this order:

(1) wall outlet
    (2) touchstone
    (3) computer usb

If you use the Touchstone with a wall outlet and you use a usb charger that hooks into the wall.... you should be able to charge the phone from a completely dead state in, like what? 35 minutes?