1.    #1  
    I have 3 small spiderweb cracks emanating from the left side of my touch screen. I have never dropped it or squished it. My Pre is my baby.

And now the touch screen has gone haywire.

It doesnt work, so I turn of the screen and close the keyboard. The screen goes black. I open the keyboard to unlock the phone and VOILA touch screen works. I do a few things, multi-touch, hit numbers, etc. Then if I switch to another card the touch stops working...and I have to close keyboard, turn off screen, open keyboard to unlock, and VOILA it works again.

***?

When I was within my 30 days I had a bad 3.5mm jack and got it replaced but now this? I bought the Pre on day 1 and am obviously way out of 30 days...but why should I have to pay $100 deductible when this piece of crap just keeps breaking.

I've been supporting the Palm Pre, spreading word, but how can I keep consciously doing this knowing that the build quality is so terrible. You give a new Pre to someone and tell them to make it last 2 years I would give them a 5% shot.

Blech.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I hear you! I have had several problems with the pre and all have been cosmetic issues, crack, oreo effect, cracks . Hope Palm does some kind of design change soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    I have 3 small spiderweb cracks emanating from the left side of my touch screen. I have never dropped it or squished it. My Pre is my baby.

And now the touch screen has gone haywire.

It doesnt work, so I turn of the screen and close the keyboard. The screen goes black. I open the keyboard to unlock the phone and VOILA touch screen works. I do a few things, multi-touch, hit numbers, etc. Then if I switch to another card the touch stops working...and I have to close keyboard, turn off screen, open keyboard to unlock, and VOILA it works again.

***?

When I was within my 30 days I had a bad 3.5mm jack and got it replaced but now this? I bought the Pre on day 1 and am obviously way out of 30 days...but why should I have to pay $100 deductible when this piece of crap just keeps breaking.

I've been supporting the Palm Pre, spreading word, but how can I keep consciously doing this knowing that the build quality is so terrible. You give a new Pre to someone and tell them to make it last 2 years I would give them a 5% shot.

Blech.
    I'm very sorry for your troubles. I can almost guarantee that if you call sprint and stay persistent that they will replace your phone. Mention you want to cancel and that the $100 deductible is more than half of your Early Termination Fee and that you might as well switch to Verizon or AT&T. I am certain they will not let you go. You will get a refurbished phone, which I almost prefer nowadays knowing that they have gotten a complete second checkup at the expense of Sprint. It is clearly a defective phone if you treat it like gold and it still cracks. Good luck! Keep us updated.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is a very common problem with the Pre. I had two that suffered screen cracks. Take it to the Sprint store, or call customer service. Let them know that you are aware that it is a known issue and they will replace it.

Here is a link to the thread on the Official Palm blog.

Palm Pre Screen Cracked - webOS Hardware - Palm Support Community

The Pre has a 1 year warranty. This does indeed fall under warranty.

Again, it happened to me twice, both times it was replaced with no problems.
    if it's within the warranty period of 1 year, Sprint should replace the phone... at least they've replaced mine, no questions asked after the 30 day time period