Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else? Completely stock Pre.
    Email can take up to 10 seconds just to load and just this morning my IMs take about 15 seconds to load.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Anyone else? Completely stock Pre.
    Email can take up to 10 seconds just to load and just this morning my IMs take about 15 seconds to load.
    All is clear on this end... sorry man.
    Try turning your phone off and then on.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    no problem here. try the reset route.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    yah, i have noticed things getting a little slower. even after i did a reset and left the phone off all night and then turned back on in the AM... sorta weird but whatever
    I'm having this. Email takes forever to load. It just started in the last couple of weeks. I haven't been able to figure out why - I do have lots of patches.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    My phone has been doing this since the 1.2.X upgrades.

Email will show in the preview and I can see the first line of my email in the preview. I click on the email to open up the full email and the subject and from line show, then I have to wait was seems like 5 - 10 seconds for the body of the email to populate.

Is this what you are experiencing as well?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    same for me! I didn't notice it much until after Rod first came out with the Fair Dinkum App Limit remover and I installed that, but that was around the time that 1.2.1 came out as well. I'm pretty sure it's not related to Rod's app, as I've tried removing it and the slowness persists.

Mine is really slow in both email and messaging, and seems a bit more laggy across the board than it did a month or two ago...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    For people who have patched their pre's, I had the exact same problem. This is due to the revised auto-correct dictionary (which isn't particularly good anyway). Once I removed this patch my emails loaded up instantly. For the OP, I can't say what the problem is because your phone is totally stock, I realize you probably hate me now.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afhb21 View Post
    This is due to the revised auto-correct dictionary (which isn't particularly good anyway).
    I'll try uninstalling that patch and see what happens. That is definitely something that I could see causing the problem and is worth a try.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I had this problem and it was due to the IMPROVED AUTO CORRECT DICTIONARY patch. If you have it installed, uninstall and your speed should return.
    Nothing unusual on my end. I try to restart my pre before i shower in the mornings for work.
  13.    #13  
    My Pre is Bone stock. Just yesterday i had my battery replaced because i had the shutdown issue and man it took about 15 second to bring up an messaging app, it hasnt done it since but it was maddening to say the least.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I couldn't find a way to uninstall my AutoCorrect settings.

However I did find This link and since I have my pre rooted I was able to revert the changes made to the autocorrect settings.

In the future if I want to edit the settings I am just going to enter *what I use/mistype most frequently* to the autocorrect settings.

My speedy email loading *IS BACK*

EDIT: Now I am looking HERE to find a better replacement list that won't cause the email slowdown.
    Last edited by Delta-9; 10/27/2009 at 10:36 AM.
    I had issues as well with my email taking a bit (my gf's took longer).

We both had many mods. We both just webos doctored the Pre and everything is back to normal.

For my case I think it was just so many things were changed and changed back as different homebrew solutions came to light....figured it just needed a fresh start.

Not sure why this would happen on a stock pre though.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    I had this problem and it was due to the IMPROVED AUTO CORRECT DICTIONARY patch. If you have it installed, uninstall and your speed should return.
    I bet that's it. I forgot I even had that applied. I'll remove it and see if messaging and email speed up! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hmm, removing the auto-correct dictionary doesn't seem to have helped. Maybe someday I'll get bored enough to Doctor it and start fresh again.
    use the "webos repair utility" do a search for it on this site. it will clear out any errors and speed things up like new. much better than the doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Hmm, removing the auto-correct dictionary doesn't seem to have helped. Maybe someday I'll get bored enough to Doctor it and start fresh again.
    It took literally 30 minutes.

5 minutes to back up my files.

15 minutes to reinstall the OS

5 Minutes to put my files back on.

And a mix of minutes for various things like boot time and reapplying hacks.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    It took literally 30 minutes.

5 minutes to back up my files.

15 minutes to reinstall the OS

5 Minutes to put my files back on.

And a mix of minutes for various things like boot time and reapplying hacks.
    Not so fast for me. I've done it before, and the biggest pain aside from reapplying patches is reinstalling all of my homebrew apps and setting preferences in everything again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast