Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would also like to see the four quick launch icons change to four other icons when holding the gesture area (like the overloading on the Treo buttons).
    Now this is a most terrific idea.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    i would like to see a gesture for moving the cursor in a text entry box.
    although its surprising how accurate the cursor moves while you move your finger( kudos to palm). i would suggest that if you want to move the cursor in a text entry box you should tap in the box to make the cursor appear, and then move slowly your hand left or right on the gesture area. and the cursor will follow. this will make have full view of the box and your fingers wont stand in your way.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Press center button to open 'wake up' the screen. Using the little button in the right top corner is not always easy and fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzrfwj View Post
    Press center button to open 'wake up' the screen. Using the little button in the right top corner is not always easy and fast.
    You should just snap your fingers to make it open... like you've got some business to do.
    Press center button while tapping gesture area to close app
    100% agree on this. What is the point of multi-tasking/multi cards if I have to card view it to close it? Some form of gesture to close an active open card would be great.
    All the above are fantastic but simple 'palmOS-crossover-to-webOS' suggestions that should have been included from the start.

Now how do they get to the right people at Palm?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    if swiping left goes back, why can't swiping right go forward?
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    One thing I would like to see in connection with advanced gesturing is when you're swiping between apps in full-screen view (not card view) using the full left-right or right-left swipe gesture, is app-wrapping. Instead of getting to the end of the running apps and stopping, it should cycle back to the opposite end of the list and let you keep swiping.

For example.. if I had three apps running and I was using the full-screen swipe to go through them, it would go app1-app2-app3 and then stop, the next swipe results in a bump-like animation indicating I've reached the end of the list. I'd love it if it would go app1-app2-app3-app1-app2.. and vice versa for the opposite direction.

I also want the ability to make the full screen switch kinetic so that i can easily move through them if there are many open. heck it would be ok to implement that in the card view as well (it already exists in the minimized card view) and while were at it, why not make long press center button do something usefull, like close the current card, or go directly to the minimized card view.

Quote Originally Posted by g0rey1 View Post
    if swiping left goes back, why can't swiping right go forward?
    it does, at least in the browser, if that is what you mean.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    not a touch gesture but I would luv to be able to shake to hide card view. keep the cards open but just view the wallpaper would even be better if we had home screen widgets.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I want to see you to be able to press a key to do the same key. Its very annoying that I have to do the swipe motion 4 or five times to finally get the 'back' function to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I don't even press the center button unless an app freezes
    Wait...that's a button? I thought it was only for LED Notifications.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    a lot of fantastic gestures could be adapted from the 'Firegestures' playbook (a fantastic plugin for anyone using Firefox):

LEFT-RIGHT - new tab (new browser window?)
    DOWN-UP - reload
    DOWN-LEFT - close tab (close window?)
    LEFT-UP - scroll to the top of the page
    LEFT-DOWN - scroll to the bottom.

Firegestures depend on you holding down the R mouse button while you draw the gesture, and it traces a green line following your movement so you can see the gesture you're drawing. You could adapt it to WebOS by making them all two finger gestures.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Mattafact, come to think of it...the firegestures plugin was developed by a 3rd party. Is this something that could be implemented as a 3rd party plugin (like brightness unlinked?) I'm no Dev...just wondering.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    Mattafact, come to think of it...the firegestures plugin was developed by a 3rd party. Is this something that could be implemented as a 3rd party plugin (like brightness unlinked?) I'm no Dev...just wondering.
    This is almost certainly not supported by any API from Palm, and therefore wouldn't be accepted into the app catalog. They will reject apps if they use unsupported APIs and functionality.

Same with the "swipe forward" in an app, I think. I don't believe the apps are built to "remember" a Forward state, only a previous (Back) state. But I could be wrong (or it may be up to the app programmer).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Wait...that's a button? I thought it was only for LED Notifications.

i would love to see more options for this button. Maybe add functionality for click'n'hold, double click and be able to change the default card view too.
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    there use to be a patch for holdin finger in gesture area and selecting text to copy cut paste...I dunno wat happened to it after the 1.3.1 update...it was the same patch that would let you copy a pic from the web browser
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    I often need to go back multiple pages in the browser. I'm hoping for a "back gesture and hold" gesture that while holding, pops up a browser history selection (maybe last 5 or so) and allow you to select an option. Or, tap and hold on the browser back button to accomplish the same thing.
    Bit of an old thread here, but I was just writing a suggestion to palm on different gestures and I came up with one I kinda like. I really want some shortcuts to place a call, open an app, etc. The idea I had was to draw a V. Go from gesture area on the left, to the screen then back to the gesture area on the right. You could do 2 shortcuts, one for each direction. I tried it a few times and it feels moderately natural, though right now it ends up performing a full swipe.

Sometimes it feels like Palm came up with this great idea of using gestures and multitasking but didn't put the full finishing touches on it.
    I would like something very simple. I hate when you click on a link on a webpage and it directs you to that link.

I would like the option to hold my finger on that link and have the option to open in a new card or copy the link.

That shouldn't be too hard should it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgetmedic View Post
    I would like something very simple. I hate when you click on a link on a webpage and it directs you to that link.

I would like the option to hold my finger on that link and have the option to open in a new card or copy the link.

That shouldn't be too hard should it?
    This is one of the things I put in my suggestion email to Palm (although I highly doubt anyone actually reads them). It's how the iphone works and its pretty intuitive that way.

You can hold down the orange/alt key and tap a link to get a menu. There is also a patch that lets you hold down the gesture area and tap a link for the same menu without needing the keyboard open.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast