Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Okay, I'll admit, I'm a twitter newbie.

However, I'm damb sure that other twitter clients can do a better job with pix than Tweed.

All I wanted to do was put a pic on my tweet, I punched the obvious button, and then in the end all that ends up happening is I get an email to myself with my pic.

Can somebody help me?
    Just use the new twitter program they released. It's called TweeFree it seems to work a lot better for pics.
    I generally don't upload pics, but I tried it just for funsies and had no problem. You have a choice of using TwitPic, yFrog, TweetPhoto, Twitgoo or Posterous, so I don't think it's fair to blame the app when it's user error.

I'm not sure what the "obvious" button is either. Who knows what that is to you?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    I will be coming out with a twitpic app that has direct picture upload hopefully today or 2mro i will be finishing it up and releasing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    Okay, I'll admit, I'm a twitter newbie.

However, I'm damb sure that other twitter clients can do a better job with pix than Tweed.

All I wanted to do was put a pic on my tweet, I punched the obvious button, and then in the end all that ends up happening is I get an email to myself with my pic.

Can somebody help me?
    You most likely have to sign up for the image service that the program is using. If the settings have "TwitPic", it wont work until you create an account at TwitPic.com. Same for TweetPhoto.com
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    You most likely have to sign up for the image service that the program is using. If the settings have "TwitPic", it wont work until you create an account at TwitPic.com. Same for TweetPhoto.com
    The account that you create at twitpic will also use your same login/password that you have for your twitter account. It also sounds like you are using the free version because the paid version ($1.99) now directly uploads without the use of email.

Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    Just use the new twitter program they released. It's called TweeFree it seems to work a lot better for pics.
    I have to respectively disagree with you. Tweed is very easy to use and very easy to upload pics.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Twee paid, I have multiple twitter accounts (professional, hobby site, and personal) and full twee is the best twitter client I've ever used on a phone.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for all your helpful suggestions!

Yes, I admit, this problem is primarily due to my appalling lack of twitter skills lol

Does anyone know if TweeFree will have the same ability to upload photos without emails as Tweed paid version?
    I believe TweeFree does not have direct photo uploading.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Surfrock66, does Twee paid version have direct photo uploading?
    Twee is amazing, just downloaded it and it works flawlessly. Even has landscape mode. Which tweed does not. Also right now tweed is discounted to 1.99 and will soon be 3.99.

Twee is 2.99 so right now it's a bit more expensive. However, i tried it because of the interface and after trying both free versions I went with this.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Dur. Just noticed this thread lol:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ou-prefer.html
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I believe TweeFree does not have direct photo uploading.
    Yes it does.

Twee is the way to go, paid or free.
    im not a hardcore twitter - 1 acct i access about 3 or 4 times a day...i bought tweed cuz it had notifications...but use twee for everything else...if i get more hardcore into it ill prolly buy twee