1.    #1  
    No. Not those thumbnails. Thumbnail, thumbnails. I was just wondering what kinda percentage of ppl had to let their thumbnails grow or stay long, just because of the keyboard on the PrPrPr&#$275$;, $because$ $it$'$s$ $easier$ $for$ $ME$ $to$ $type$ $this$ $way$.
    I would make it a poll, but i'm doing this from the PrPrPr&#$275$;.
    (You could see i'm really looking for things to write about, huh?)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/26/2009 at 04:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I haven't figured out which fingernail works best for me quite yet. And it of course depends on what I am also doing at the time . . If using just the one hand to work it then yep it's the thumb. . If I'm using 2 hands then it's the index finger. Either way, up until now I hadn't thought about it and now I have yet another crisis to worry about! heh
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    I haven't figured out which fingernail works best for me quite yet. And it of course depends on what I am also doing at the time . . If using just the one hand to work it then yep it's the thumb. . If I'm using 2 hands then it's the index finger. Either way, up until now I hadn't thought about it and now I have yet another crisis to worry about! heh
    Sorry 'bout that!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I use the top part of the thumb, but not the nail.
    I don't use my nails because I bite mine off, but I type great on the Pre -- better than I ever thought I would, especially coming from three previous WinMo models that had full slideout (landscape) keyboards. I type faster on my Pre than I did on the Touch Pro. I'm amazed -- and happy!

But no thumbnails.

/Kevin
    Wow.... you are officially bored when you post a thread about thumbnail growth.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Wow.... you are officially bored when you post a thread about thumbnail growth.
    LOL !
    I don't use my nails for the keyboard. For my left hand, I use more of the top-right corner of my thumb. For my right hand, I use more of the side of my thumb. If I forget to trim my nails (I like to keep 'em down to the quick), it inhibits Pre keyboard use. I can type pretty fast on the Pre keyboard.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    DEFINITELY! I was actually about to start a thread like this when it automatically showed me this thread. It is vastly easier to type on the pre with the tip of a slightly longer thumbnail. If I cut my thumbnails to short I'm ticked off using my keyboard till they grow back long enough...
    Hi Danny. I use my nails sometimes, and the pads of my thumbs sometimes; equally fast and accurate either way. I'm not sure why I switch back and forth as I haven't been able to discover a pattern yet. It's definitely not related to the length of my thumbnails, though, as that varies from week to week, whereas nails vs. pads varies from word to word.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I type telepathically
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  12.    #12  
    WOW!
    Talk about a thread blast from the past.
    This was b4 i started with those arrows in my thread titles. It looks weird.

P.S.- Hey Blaize/Janie/Mistress
    Heh. Didn't even notice the date on the OP. Guess someone was looking around and found your "boredom thread." I kinda like the arrows, but so many people complain about them that I don't dare say that on those threads for fear of a flame war.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Oddly I wanted to ask a similar question. I am new to the pre from a BlackBerry Tour. Now the KB on the tour is incredible (still dont understand why others dont copy the "idea" of it) so I understand the pre is not the same, but I have a major issue of double letters when I type. Like you press the key a and it types aa. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? And I type with both the pad and the tip of my thumb
    i use the thumbnails, but i find that as they get longer my accuracy goes down. it works best for me when they're freshly cut.