1.    #1  
    OKAY SO I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED TO ROOT MY PRE SO I CAN USE IT AS A MEANS FOR INTERNET FOR MY LAPTOP, I AM REALLY NEW AT THIS WHOLE CONCEPT SO DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO OR A DUMMY PROOF INSTRUCTION GUIDE I CAN USE, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONDRAGON_25 View Post
    OKAY SO I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED TO ROOT MY PRE SO I CAN USE IT AS A MEANS FOR INTERNET FOR MY LAPTOP, I AM REALLY NEW AT THIS WHOLE CONCEPT SO DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO OR A DUMMY PROOF INSTRUCTION GUIDE I CAN USE, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
    c/p ( Lorcha )
    1. Instal the SDK according to the directions from Palm.
    2. Put your phone into developer mode (from the home screen, type 'upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart', open the Developer Mode app and put the phone into developer mode. It will prompt you to restart).
    3. Connect your phone to the computer using your USB cable. Select "Charge Only" on the Pre
    4. Go to (I'm assuming you're on Windows here) Start -> Run and type 'cmd' (without the quotes) and hit enter.
    5. Once you're in the command prompt, type 'novacom -t open tty://' (again, without the quotes).
    6. You'll see a prompt root@castle:/# ←[J which means you're in! Type whatever commands you want (but be careful! very easy to hose your Pre when you're logged in as root!)
  3.    #3  
    so what command do i use to use my phone as a modem