1.    #1  
    I'v had my Pre for over a month now. And today I came to the conclusion......I'm Done. I don't like the phone. And I was a big Palm fan. The phone is SLOW. I have to re start it if I want to do anything. Half the apps do not work properly. I'm very disappointed. I should have dollared up and paid for the iphone. For those out there who are still not sure..... do not ge the Pre.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    bye.
    Yeah I totally believe the OP. I think my pre which does not lag unless I have 8+ cards open, dunked it in the toilet, set it in the desert sun for 8 hours is probably a fluke or something. I think my functioning apps might be one of the defective models from the factory. Lastly, what really ****es me off is how much its awesome multitasking function kicks the iPhone's *** by making my life easier. Yeah man, I'm with you on this one. Pre sUx0rSS!!1oen!1
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Im in.

This week will be the end of my 30 days with the pre. I was tempted to go with the hero at one point. I sit at the sprint store for a few hours to use the hero and i decided the hero was very nice. But too much like my old phone (iphone).
    After using the webos cards for multi tasking i will find it hard to go away from it. I find myself swiping every phone i touch.

I have used the iphone since it came out. Its a good phone. But it becomes very boring. Now i had it jailbroken, had free appstore apps through installous, themed out, 3g restrictor, backgrounder, ect. But the operating system just isnt as nice as the pre. Apps in general are over rated. How many fart apps do they need?

Now pre isnt perfect. The phone feels a little flimsy. I dont like so much plastic. I dont really care for the keyboard. But all pros and cons together add to a really nice phone experience.

I'm in.
    Thanks for yet another attention seeking thread from a fickle and/or trolling newbie. I think we need to introduce a limit on when you are allowed to start threads and perhaps a test board to root out individuals like this.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Thanks for yet another attention seeking thread from a fickle and/or trolling newbie. I think we need to introduce a limit on when you are allowed to start threads and perhaps a test board to root out individuals like this.
    Nah man that's not nice. Then we'd be taking away the only thing they live for: being ****s on the internet.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    was hoping this thread was a reference to that Seinfeld episode

u know the one
    This is really great news! Apple needs all the fan boys they can get these days and you look like you will be a loyal customer.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I'm In. 30 days to really try a phone is not enough time. I do not know how in the world you managed to get it to crash, I have yet to get teh phone to crash and I hack the ****** out of the Pre. The Palm is getting better and better the more I use it. And I do not know how anyone can not love the Multitasking. I find myself surfing the web, listening to a podcast or reading news while listening to teh music. I might be one of the rare people here but I also hook it up to my car radio and home stereo. Even my laptop is missing me LOL. Good luck to you on whatever phone you get.. but 30 days to use a phone, btw the only time I had to restart the phone is when I install certain hacks or themes... which I am ok with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mheller310 View Post
    .... I should have dollared up and paid for the iphone...
    I guess you will. I wish I gave the less quality service the higher monthly fee for the less adaptive phone every time I pull my Pre out.

As far as the "troll" statement. Without them it would be less exciting. After all, they are the fun ones to abuse.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I like my Pre but I have had many of the same issues. In many ways I like my old Treo as it could do the things I need easier and faster albiet with 3rd party apps not yet available for the Pre.

My Pre has slowed to a crawl with no apps open at times. However, it is generally while playing certain games, some App Catalog, some homebrew but always the same few. I've had to reboot my Pre to get it back working right.

I do think the Pre and WebOS have promise and plan to stay with it but I do see why some people are throwing it in. In many ways the phone and the OS are beta and we're all beta testers.
    dude you fail... I won't pick any other phone over my pre. I hope you enjoy your iphail
    Why do you think he's a troll? You don't believe there are people who are disappointed with the device? So he wanted to say his piece, totally understandable.

I doubt the iPhone will be any comfort though. It has its own issues, not to mention AT&T.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I think the only way I would ever be out of WebOS is if droid came to sprint. that thing looks absolutely gorgeous. Put webos on that phone somehow, i want that hardware.
    <image too wide causing side scrolling>
    Last edited by palandri; 10/25/2009 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    I like my Pre but I have had many of the same issues. In many ways I like my old Treo as it could do the things I need easier and faster albiet with 3rd party apps not yet available for the Pre.

My Pre has slowed to a crawl with no apps open at times. However, it is generally while playing certain games, some App Catalog, some homebrew but always the same few. I've had to reboot my Pre to get it back working right.

I do think the Pre and WebOS have promise and plan to stay with it but I do see why some people are throwing it in. In many ways the phone and the OS are beta and we're all beta testers.
    Did you never have to reboot your Treo? Mine had to regularly be rebooted. If that's what qualifies a user/device as "beta testing", I was a very long term beta tester on the Treo...
    <<closed>>

There really isn't any need to announce that we've decided to leave.
    Just call me Berd.