Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    So, I just put my new Seidio case on about three days ago. Everything has been fine. The only complaint I have is that I can't close the phone by putting my thumb on the screen and sliding the top down (it gets stuck on something). But no big deal.

So today, I slide the phone open, and out comes this tiny Phillips head screw! What the heck? It's really small and short. I have no idea where it came from. I'm thinking from somewhere in between the top and bottom pieces that overlap when the phone is open. I say that cause I took the Seidio case off, and I can't see any places where a screw would go.

Do you think the case caused this cause the two pieces of the phone fit closer together now (although, it doesn't really feel like it)? Should I bring my Pre in to Sprint to see if they need to take it apart and put the screw back in? I don't even know if that's possible.

Everything seems ok, but I don't want it to be unstable or fall apart in the future.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    take it to sprint and get it fixed now lol or as soon as you can anyways
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I'd use it for a day or two, see if you notice anything different, then decide whether to take it into sprint.
    According to a Sprint Tech (I know, I know) part of problem with the Oreo effect is that the screws in the slider mechanism were not installed w/ loctite (sort of like glue if your not familiar).

I'm thinking that screw is probably part of the slider mechanism, So if I were you I would go directly to the sprint store and get a replacement.

Demand Nicely!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    At best, all they could do is replace it. I called Sprint and told them about my oreo effect on the refubished one they sent me and they told me " take it to a Sprint Repair Center and maybe they can put a screwdriver to it and tighten something up." So i did, made the 45 min. trip and repair center told me i was wasting my time, they could not take apart the Pre and fix anything on it! Good luck with yours!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    So the general consensus is that I should take it to the Sprint store to ask for an entirely new replacement Pre? Will it have everything of mine on it? It would be a pain if not.

I have all my ringtones and pics saved. What about pics taken with my Pre?

I think I'll call Sprint right now and see what they say. I'll update in a second.

Thank you for all the replies!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I talked to the guy at Sprint, and he said they have the ability to take the bottom and top pieces apart and put the screw back in. I will mention the glue thing. If they can't fix it, he said they'd replace it (not sure how much this will cost me, though).

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    Ok, I talked to the guy at Sprint, and he said they have the ability to take the bottom and top pieces apart and put the screw back in. I will mention the glue thing. If they can't fix it, he said they'd replace it (not sure how much this will cost me, though).

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Thanks!
    If you have TEP it'll cost absolutely nothing. In fact it should be covered under warranty.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    What's TEP?

I hope it's covered under warranty. I don't think I have insurance.

I'm a Sprint Premier customer, btw. Does that matter?
    It really doesn't matter if you are a SP customer or not. Everyone who has a Pre will be or already is a SP customer.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Oh ok. Just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    It really doesn't matter if you are a SP customer or not. Everyone who has a Pre will be or already is a SP customer.
    This is so not true!

I am a business customer(small business, 3 employees) and there is no premier rating for business customers.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    I have all my ringtones and pics saved. What about pics taken with my Pre?
    Just connect it in USB mode and copy everything off of the Pre before you go. The last thing you want is to come home with your new Pre thinking the Sprint folks did all this for you only to find all your pics and ringtones gone.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Yah, I always back up my wallpapers and ringtones. The guy at the store today was nice enough to put all my pics (I forgot about the pics I took with the phone) on a micro USB for me for free.

Problem is...the two Pres they had there weren't up to standards. One that looked brand new had a non-working volume button (didn't click down). The other had swirl marks on the screen (like someone cleaned the screen with a paper towel) and paint missing above the mirror. Sorry, but I baby my Pre for a reason...I want one that looks new.

So I'm going to a bigger store tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    My question is, were they able to take it apart or fix it like the sprint rep said on the phone? When i told them at the repair center that the rep on the phone siad they might be able to tighten something up, they laughed and said they couldn't do anything with the Pre besides send it off to get fixed. I am the same way with my pre, I take care of it and if I have to replace it I want one in just as good of shape as mine was! Good luck at the bigger store.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    To be a SP customer you have to be with Sprint for more than 10 yrs. not just what kind of phone you have. At least that is what I was told.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Oh, sorry...forgot to mention:

No, they cannot fix anything on the Pre that requires taking it apart. It must be sent to Palm. To speed up the process, they just switch the Pre's out in store. That's what Palm would do (I was told). So you get it "fixed" faster.

Sprint stores can only basically workshop something not working with the OS, but nothing hardware related.

Thanks for reminding me to put that.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty5low View Post
    To be a SP customer you have to be with Sprint for more than 10 yrs. not just what kind of phone you have.
    Yah, I thought so.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty5low View Post
    To be a SP customer you have to be with Sprint for more than 10 yrs. not just what kind of phone you have. At least that is what I was told.
    actually, that's not true. being a customer for 10 years is one way but there are other ways. you're a premier customer if you've maintained a monthly recurring charge of $69.99 on a single line or $99.99 on a shared line for at least three months (for existing customers). if you're new customer and have been with sprint for at least 6 months and have maintained a monthly recurring charge of $69.99 on a single line or $99.99 on a shared line for at least three months you're a premier customer. right from the sprint website, there always seems to be a lot of confusion on whether or not people are premier customers
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I learned something new today, did not know that. Thanks for clearing that up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast