1.    #1  
    I listen to alot of bbc radio 1 is there any chance a uk dev cud make an fm tuner or somthing?
    UK PRE USER
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    I listen to alot of bbc radio 1 is there any chance a uk dev cud make an fm tuner or somthing?
    Sorry if this is a silly Q. But has the Pre got FM radio hardware tuner?

Thanks
    Vas
    It doesn't have the electronic component for a Radio FM experience.
    Only through a WIFI/3G uplink.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    also, from the BBC site they don't appear to stream content over 3G

BBC Mobile | Radio & Music | Ways To Listen | Via Mobile Device
    Aw I see.
    Would the streaming over 3G be a restriction with O2 rather than BBC?
    And we def need sth that can play the iplayer content for the BBC....
    So far I've been using the Podcasts, mp3, from the BBC over WiFi.

I assume that the BBC iPlayer will work once Flash 10.1 is released for WebOS ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    So far I've been using the Podcasts, mp3, from the BBC over WiFi.

I assume that the BBC iPlayer will work once Flash 10.1 is released for WebOS ?
    Ok here is something interesting for you to try. I was discussing this with a colleague of mine at the office who has an iphone. BBC do the same on the iphone too. So it looks like its a BBC issue and not an O2. However he told me that if he starts streaming over WiFi and then pauses it and then swaps over 3G the stream will continue to play. I haven't tried this myself cause I have a lot to do at the moment but wanna give it a try and let us know if it works?

As for the iPlayer on the iphone it doesn't seem to use flash. (I am certain it is flash though on the PC). I was told that flash is not supported on the iphone. Please anyone feel free to correct me on this one. Again this info has come from my colleague. I am wondering if BBC detects its a mobile device and uses some other streaming technology.

Hope this helps
    Vas
    so it doesnt play the radio when you go to the website and click the "listen live" player? (not iplayer)....

and yes the iphone browser doesnt support flash.
    hopefully the new flash update will fix this issue for the palm pre, but who knows :S

Also there arent any apps at the moment, the only app ive found is the Net2stream lite, but that doesnt even support search functions , only genres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterlisbon View Post
    It doesn't have the electronic component for a Radio FM experience.
    Only through a WIFI/3G uplink.
    Quick question....
    How do you get it over WiFi? I tried last night and their page moaned that I need to have Flash installed....

Thanks
    Vas