Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    EDIT: it's not unlocked! read further....

From seller kickmobiles-ltd (can't link sorry).
    BNIB PALM PRE UNLOCKED TO ANY WORLD WIDE GSM NETWORKS

These are his answers to my questions:

1. These
    stocks are from UK O2 Network, received as FACTORY UNLOCKED
    2. These
    stocks from O2, does not carry network logo, does not carry an operator
    software as far as we can see.
    3. The Keyboard is QWERTY
    4. This phone
    works with any
    2G Networks GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Networks
    HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
    (Therefore you can use with Vodaphone in
    Itally)

Pretty expensive though..... I'll keep you informed
    Last edited by baldiprise; 10/29/2009 at 04:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baldiprise View Post
    Pretty expensive though..... I'll keep you informed
    How expensive?
  3.    #3  
    998 US$. If interested, there are more on sale from the same seller.
    I'll post here as soon as I get my hands on it [fingers crossed]
    item description for US carriers

it says its 3g works with cingular, which no longer exists,

says nothing about AT&T, the largest gsm network in the US,

and says t-mobile works even though it uses different 3g bands. This is strange.
    Cingular is AT&T. They merged a while back.

It will work on 2G with T-Mobile and 2G/3G with AT&T according to the bands posted.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    So YOU'RE the one that out-bid me!!!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi!

1000$?! You're kidding?!

They already sell (or better sold) brand new unlocked (in fact never locked) Pres here in Germany together with Touchstone and back cover for 350 - 380 EUR (about 500$).

I should think about selling mine (and some more) to the US for 700$ - 750$ including shipping. The only drawback is that they are QWERTZ.

Unlocked Pres from O2 UK? Sure they exist? I just thought that O2 Germany is selling the only unlocked Pres yet.

Greetings
    plant
    Quote Originally Posted by plantagoo View Post
    Hi!

I should think about selling mine (and some more) to the US for 700$ - 750$ including shipping. The only drawback is that they are QWERTZ.
    Apparently the European gsm pre doesn't work with AT&T 3g. Which makes me very very sad.
    I payed for a Germany qwertz unlocked Pre 470 ship, touchstone and back cover included! Very honest price!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralfish View Post
    Apparently the European gsm pre doesn't work with AT&T 3g. Which makes me very very sad.
    Why? AT&T uses GSM? Right?

TIA

Greetings
    plant
    $1000USD for a cellular phone! You must have found the special edition Pre that is also packed full of gold bullion.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for being sarcastic..... US$ is quite weak now and I didn't want a QWERTZ keyboard, that's it. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
    It will be interesting to hear about your success/failure. I take it your located in the EU?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    It will be interesting to hear about your success/failure. I take it your located in the EU?
    You're right! (Italy)
    Quote Originally Posted by plantagoo View Post
    They already sell (or better sold) brand new unlocked (in fact never locked) Pres here in Germany together with Touchstone and back cover for 350 - 380 EUR (about 500$).
    Any idea where I can get the pre with touchstone for that price and get it shipped to the Netherlands?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    You're right! (Italy)
    I'm dying to get one myself and look forward for your reports.

I live in Sweden and use the 3 network.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    Any idea where I can get the pre with touchstone for that price and get it shipped to the Netherlands?
    Mobile Phones – Prepaid Phones – Bill Pay Phones – Mobile Broadband - Broadband Deals - with O2 Ireland are selling locked to O2 but will deliver to Ireland addresses only.

Another post on here - titled TurboSIM in GSM Pre - is about success in using the Rebel Sim Card on T-Mobile UK.

Loving the Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    I can sell you my wife's - she hates it, so lies there and collects dust ;-) Opened and fired-up, but never really used, so mint condition (1week). Touchstone and back cover included. Say 450eur including shipping...

P.
  19.    #19  
    bad, bad news this is the mail I've got from the seller:
    Dear Customer,

Appology for the late reply. We had tested the unit on UK Network simcards but unfortunately unlike we have expected this particular model from UK O2 is locked to its network.

Usually all the phone from UKO2 network are unlocked and normally they do not locked. We were on the same basis assumes this model too is unlocked, but before arranging the packing, we decided to test the unit, but it found to be locked to UK o2 network.

If you think you are able to manage the unlocking we are happy to send with a further refund of $200 on the price.

If not, let us know will arrange the full refund of the funds back to you.

We are from our end currently working on an unlocking solution, if we become successfull, then we will notify you immidiately.

For the moment, let us know whether the proceed with the full refund back to you.
    So now I must decide if buying it anyway and buy a Rebel Sim card along with it, or get a refund...... any advice?
    bad, bad news this is the mail I've got from the seller:

So now I must decide if buying it anyway and buy a Rebel Sim card along with it, or get a refund...... any advice?
    Rebel Simcard Unlock Phones without Cables and Software and No Loss of Warranty will let you use the Pre on any Network. I am using it on a T-Mobile UK Contract sim to full capacity right now as explained at http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...m-gsm-pre.html.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast