Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I have read that thread, and it seems that there are some issues with this solution....
    has anyone tried one of those unlocking services that are supposed to supply you the unlock code?
    Quote Originally Posted by baldiprise View Post
    I have read that thread, and it seems that there are some issues with this solution....
    has anyone tried one of those unlocking services that are supposed to supply you the unlock code?
    I have been on the lookout for these and have been in regular contact with 8 or so companies who offer code unlocking, none of which have a code yet. They say it is just a matter of time but having bought the Pre already, I was not prepared to wait (I have never been the most patient person).

I was recommended to try a company called Phone Doctors who are in London Bridge. The recommendation came from one of the London O2 stores where an employee said he had used them to unlock his last 3 iPhones.

To date though, they have not way of doing it.

My pre is working fine on T-Mobile with the Rebel Sim though. A hiccup earlier this week, but fine otherwise.
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    I have been on the lookout for these and have been in regular contact with 8 or so companies who offer code unlocking, none of which have a code yet. They say it is just a matter of time but having bought the Pre already, I was not prepared to wait (I have never been the most patient person).

I was recommended to try a company called Phone Doctors who are in London Bridge. The recommendation came from one of the London O2 stores where an employee said he had used them to unlock his last 3 iPhones.

To date though, they have not way of doing it.

My pre is working fine on T-Mobile with the Rebel Sim though. A hiccup earlier this week, but fine otherwise.
    When you do hear of one of those 8 companies getting back to you with info about code locking, will you please share?
    Quote Originally Posted by allyn274 View Post
    When you do hear of one of those 8 companies getting back to you with info about code locking, will you please share?
    Absolutely
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    "Usually all the phone from UKO2 network are unlocked and normally they do not locked."

Downright lies. All O2 phones in the uk are network locked from what I've seen - my pre certainly is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    "Usually all the phone from UKO2 network are unlocked and normally they do not locked."

Downright lies. All O2 phones in the uk are network locked from what I've seen - my pre certainly is.
    It's all about the wording - O2 do not usually lock their phones, only ones that they have exclusivity on (iPhone/Pre).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12