Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Dropped my Pre on the floor and proceeded to step on it (hooray for rum!!!). Screen is still working but wont respond to touch anymore.

    So, does anyone have any recommendations on how I can get my data off the phone (mostly concerned about pictures) and wipe the thing before taking it in for a replacement (have insurance through Best Buy)?


    p.s. Let this be a lesson to some. Drinking and Pre usage sometimes doesn't mix well.
  2. Xenx's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #2  
    Is the phone in dev mode? If so, you can use Quick Install to pull the files. It would be a slow process, but it can be done.
  3. #3  
    Can't you hook it up via usb it to the computer and copy the files that way?
  4. #4  
    you could just stomp it the rest of the way just so no one can see whats on it lol but as far as your info ,well idk lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenx View Post
    Is the phone in dev mode? If so, you can use Quick Install to pull the files. It would be a slow process, but it can be done.
    Excellent tip! It isn't in DEV mode though. Wonder if there's a way to get it into DEV mode without touching the screen?
    Last edited by alan7467; 10/25/2009 at 02:06 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mw2009 View Post
    Can't you hook it up via usb it to the computer and copy the files that way?
    Problem is I can't select the USB drive or media sync mode without the touch screen working. That's something I'm curious about though. If there's a way to select those options with the keyboard...
  7. #7  
    If it's not in Dev mode, you might be able to use the volume up trick to establish communications with WQI just like with the Dr.
  8. #8  
    Turn off phone. Hold down volume up button. While holding down the volume up button, power up phone. Keep holding volume up button until usb icon shows on ur phone. Then run Web OS doctor
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    If it's not in Dev mode, you might be able to use the volume up trick to establish communications with WQI just like with the Dr.
    Doing this seems to lock up WQI when it tries to access the phone. Excellent suggestion though.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Turn off phone. Hold down volume up button. While holding down the volume up button, power up phone. Keep holding volume up button until usb icon shows on ur phone. Then run Web OS doctor
    I actually haven't used Web OS Doctor before. So pardon my ignorance, but can I retrieve data with it or will it just wipe the phone?
  11. Xenx's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #11  
    It will wipe the phone.
  12. #12  
    but if you can get it into usb mode you can save some data but not contacts but photos and other stuff
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    I actually haven't used Web OS Doctor before. So pardon my ignorance, but can I retrieve data with it or will it just wipe the phone?
    power down phone and when powering it back up hold vol. Up and then power on this will put it in usb mode, back up the data then download WebOS Doctor and wipe it clean

Posting Permissions