1.    #1  
    i saw a thread dated back to when the pre was first released of people having problems where there pre's would have a slight blotch or clouding spot on the screen, usually the lower area where the launcher covers. is anyone still having these problems? will sprint replace the phone for this or do you just live with it? i just got a refurb and it is rock solid perfect other then two clouded spots at the bottom. they aren't very bad until the pre heats up then they become pretty noticeable. so anyone else have a pre with this still? is there a fix?
  2.    #2  
    any1?
    hoppy785,

I have a launch day pre that probably has the same problem as what you are seeing on your refurb. Let's first make sure you have the exact same problem. If so, then you can decide whether you want to keep it or try and re-exchange this replacement Pre.

There are about 5 LEDs behind the screen at the bottom of the screen. In my case, at least the right two LEDs are slightly brighter than the output of the remaining ones. If this is the problem you are seeing, I can tell you that my launch-day Pre has not gotten any worse than it was on day 1. That said, unless the Phone is otherwise perfect, you might not like the way it looks (which I see mostly on a light blue screen/background). If that is the case, maybe you can go into a Sprint store and show the problem and see if they can order another or possibly do a swap-out.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    hoppy785,

I have a launch day pre that probably has the same problem as what you are seeing on your refurb. Let's first make sure you have the exact same problem. If so, then you can decide whether you want to keep it or try and re-exchange this replacement Pre.

There are about 5 LEDs behind the screen at the bottom of the screen. In my case, at least the right two LEDs are slightly brighter than the output of the remaining ones. If this is the problem you are seeing, I can tell you that my launch-day Pre has not gotten any worse than it was on day 1. That said, unless the Phone is otherwise perfect, you might not like the way it looks (which I see mostly on a light blue screen/background). If that is the case, maybe you can go into a Sprint store and show the problem and see if they can order another or possibly do a swap-out.
    this is not my phone, but it looks pretty much like this after it heats up on a charger... hardly noticeable during lighter use off charger, when the phone isn't as hot... i just got the refurb two days ago and other then this issue the phone is probably about as perfect as you could ask for. i dunno if sprint would even take it back for this issue, and i'm afraid ill get another refurb with oreo or dead pixels. if you call palm will they fix it if you send it in?

DSC00107-1.jpg
    Not sure whether they [Palm]would replace for this. I decided just to live with it, and yes, it is much more noticeable after charging. I figure if something else went bad, I might complain about whatever that would be plus the uneven backlighting. I can assure you that the uneven backlighting does not seem to cause any other problems. Since the Pre is good, I'd just keep it for now (and change it in sometime later if it really starts to bug you).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  6.    #6  
    thanks Clancy... i'll just stick with it unless something else goes wrong...