17 17.35%
  • Not all that happy

0 0%
  • Not happy at all/will return item/etc

4 4.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Poll
    I voted happy. I would have voted very happy if we were officially on 1.2.1.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Same. Some things annoy me but they have either been fixed or a patch is available when we move to 1.2.1.
    I'm on 1.2.1 just now and it is a big improvement. Hopefully the rest of you do not have too long a wait.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    I'm on 1.2.1 just now and it is a big improvement. Hopefully the rest of you do not have too long a wait.
    battery lasts more than 24 hours? right now that would be awesome lol
    yeh 1.2.1 is so much better mainly for getting full use of preware im back in work tommorrw so will tell you what its like when i get back!
    UK PRE USER
    I'm very happy with mine. I can get through a day with my own normal use. Yes this may be less than what other people consider normal but it works for me. If I pushed it I could probably get 2 days out of the phone but it's much easier to just stick it on the touchstone when I go to bed at night.
    Very happy with mine.

Still using 1.1.3.

Hopefully the official GSM update will be out soon, to add all those nice features in 1.2.0
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I voted O.K. has problems...,
    Well it does, I can only judge it by the firmware it shipped with (1.13) so any problems that may be fixed with future updates don't count for me at the moment. The phone works pretty well with non of the bugginess I usually have to put up with from nokia, but on the flip side it has such a limited feature set it is not surprising. Attaching a data cable is so difficult yet the only way to move data to and from the phone (without a fair bit of hacking). This is a major flaw in a "smartphone", speed of the OS is also a disappointment, I hope that more features don't impede this any further.
    On a happier note this is linux and the linux community will work wonders with this device. prebuntu anyone ?
    Have only had it four days, been approaching it with trepidation (having read of all the problems about build quality, battery charge life, even the lower edge of the keyboard). But so far it hasn't given me any trouble. Have set up an account, backed up to the cloud, taken pictures, loaded wallpaper and songs, even downloaded a few apps. Of course this was in Germany, using a German O2 sim. Next week when I get back to Manila I'll be putting it through its paces using a local sim
    well i am very unhappy with the battery like that i am getting now that i have doctered it to 1.2.1 while i left it idle for around 3 hours while at work it went from roughly 80% to 45% which is just crazy not sure if it is just a one off but so far battery like has got worse!
    UK PRE USER
    That is the opposite to my experience.

I've gone for happy. The battery is on 56% now (8.5hours in to my day) and I've been using it a fair bit today. I think Palm are dragging their heels a fair bit with 1.2.1 for GSM, especially now it's been revealed that the USA version goes on so easily.

But the form factor is so lush. I can't believe more people don't make more of a fuss. It's a joy to hold in the hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    Poll
    UK O2 Palm Pre 1.1.3

I have high hopes for the future, however right now problems are:

1. Touchstone charger flops on and off charge and my phone's screen is basically on all the time.

2. webOS 1.1.3 is out of date, I can't use the application called Classic and Sync (see below)

3. No Palm Desktop sync - what were Palm thinking? Am I the only person that simply expected to move from my Palm m505 to my Palm Pre without needing to involve "the Cloud" or a 3rd party software solution... and Palm have the time to make the device emulate an iPod for iTunes! Why can't it emulate an old Palm m505 for the purposes of Palm Desktop synching...

Simon
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    mullengers;

I think everything is going cloud. I'm lucky enough to have exchange so it works for me, however you could sync outlook to google (google have a tool for this), then pull your google account into the pre.

I have ssh installed also so I never need to plug the pre into a sockey - really does work well!
    Quote Originally Posted by mullengers View Post
    UK O2 Palm Pre 1.1.3

1. Touchstone charger flops on and off charge and my phone's screen is basically on all the time.

3. No Palm Desktop sync - what were Palm thinking? Am I the only person ..

Simon
    Hi Simon,

1. I don't have any problems with my TS charger, so I don't think a software update will fix your problem. It sounds like a hardware TS problem to me

3. Having read up about the Pre before I bought it, it was clear that there was no 'out of the box' solution to Palm upgraders, other than Exchange which I do not use.
    Yes Classic will be a great help when we get the update, but for now I'm having some success with the Companion Link USB method.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Don't forget about the Palm data transfer tool. I downloaded this and had all my contacts and agenda off my Treo and onto my Pre in a few minutes. It doesn't help you sync back to the Palm Desktop but getting the Pre set up initially was a breeze.

Once the data was on the Pre I decided to sync with Google and install Outlook on my PC so I now have my diary synced with my desktop Outlook. The next task is to get my work Outlook syncing with Google and then I will be able to see both personal and work diaries on the Pre. It was a chore going through the diary changing every entry to sync with Google rather than the Palm profile but it was worth in.

I need to do the same for the contacts but with 1000 odd entries I want to find an easier way than opening each one and changing it.
    Last edited by andyhurley; 11/04/2009 at 04:32 AM.
    Just to refresh the thread and tell that i'm very happy with my palm pre (GSM)..

Dont stop Palm!

andrew. from Kiev)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Just not sure about mine. I like it but I'm just not loving it!!! Just don't know why.

I have had it a week and can't decide whether to keep it or not. It's my 10th phone this year, just find most phones lacklustre. Was really looking forward to the Pre, I read all about it beforehand and checked out PreCentral forums.

Wonder if the 1.3 update will make me love it.

Hmm, just not sure.
    very happy even really hoping the update hits ours pres really soon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast