Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Update:

Less than a week after getting my repaired Pre back, it has already started switching off randomly (ie losing power), especially when opening/closing the keyboard, but occasionally just when it's in my pocket. Highly annoying. I brought it back to the O2 shop where I bought it (Dublin) and they said it has to be sent for repair again - and that it's not their call whether I get a new one or not - the repair company has to make the decision. Seems ridiculous to me. Looks like I've got another month of the default Nokia bore-phone they hand out ahead. . . .

To be honest, much as I like the pre (when it works), I wish I could cancel my O2 contract and switch to Meteor and get something with Android on it, but maybe that's a dirty word around here.
    isnt there a lemon law?
    if i device isnt fit for purpose you can get a refund........
    or something like that
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    isnt there a lemon law?
    if i device isnt fit for purpose you can get a refund........
    or something like that
    Was looking into it, and found this:

From "The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980" (Ireland) :

"Under the Act, goods should be:

Of merchantable quality - the goods are of an acceptable standard
    As described - false or exaggerated claims must not be made by the seller
    Fit for intended purpose - be fit for the purpose they were bought for
    Correspond to the sample
    Where goods do not conform to the above criteria, you are entitled under the Act to seek a repair, replacement or a refund.

The legislation does not specify whether it is the retailer/supplier or the customer who chooses the form of redress to be offered.

However, if a repair is offered and accepted, then it should be permanent. If not, and the same fault occurs again, then the buyer is entitled to seek another form of redress from the list.

You can also reject the retailer/supplier's offer if you wish to seek another form of redress. If you do, you may have to take the matter to the courts to have it resolved.
    "

Which seems to imply that I can reject a second repair and demand a replacement / refund.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    So, jusk, what happened? what did you do...?
  5. npw
    My pre had slight movment from I bought it, but after 3 and half months its got worse. I know O2 said they would replace it within 30 days, what are the chances of a repair after nearly 4 months, its only about 2mm but it's a wee bit annoying.
    To the chap who was wondering if you could get a different replacement phone. I had to return 3 faulty Pre's between launch day on 16th October and 12th December. I wasn't happy having a 4th one and I demanded that they let me leave with an iPhone 3GS.

Check my posts on Page 2&3 in here for the full story on that:

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...quality-2.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12