Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    The installation fails. Also my Jawbone prime goes in and out while I'm wearing it. Sprint store blamed the Prime but I kind of doubt it. I know all of the resets for the Prime and none work to fix the problem. Plus it's as old as the 1 week old phone it got swapped out with for the same problem last time. I no longer believe it's the Jawbone since this one had the same fit as the last one did when I got a new phone. I didn't know how to force it to pair before. I'm learning. It also works fine with all of my other phones. With the Homebrew problem I'm thinking this phone has problems.

Getting back to the Homebrew stuff. I had already put the Pre into the developer mode to install "My Tether".. worked fine. (phone is hooked up with USB and in charge only mode incidentally during these attempts..)

Installed all the latest updates last night before starting to even work on the phone. I load up Novacom and it shows up in memory. I start up Webos installer and drag all the different apps over as I did before. Nothing happens. It just sits in the installer. Try restarting computer, different orders of firing the programs up. Nothing. I retype upupdowndown, etc. to turn developer mode off and then restart it. Nothing. Is it the phone?

G.
    Last edited by Guvner; 10/25/2009 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    Installed all the latest updates last night before starting to even work on the phone. I load up Novacom and it shows up in memory. I start up Webos installer and drag all the different apps over as I did before. Nothing happens. It just sits in the installer. Try restarting computer, different orders of firing the programs up. Nothing. I retype upupdowndown, etc. to turn developer mode off and then restart it. Nothing. Is it the phone?

G.
    Check your Java settings and make sure you have the correct version that is intended for webos quick install
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I should have mentioned that I went and made sure that the Java was the latest and it is the same version that installed it last time as when I went to install it I was informed it was already installed and prompted me to re-install it which I did...

Thanks though... As I was thinking along the same lines when I re-installed it for the heck of it... Just forgot to mention it.. G..
    i would open webosQI and go into file, options then make sure that usb is highlighted and then hit reinstall novacom driver then try it again ,it certainly cant hurt to try
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Thanks... G..
    Thanks... G..
    well did you get it fixed or what lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The installation fails. Also my Jawbone prime goes in and out while I'm wearing it. Sprint store blamed the Prime but I kind of doubt it. I know all of the resets for the Prime and none work to fix the problem. Plus it's as old as the 1 week old phone it got swapped out with for the same problem last time. I no longer believe it's the Jawbone since this one had the same fit as the last one did when I got a new phone. I didn't know how to force it to pair before. I'm learning. It also works fine with all of my other phones. With the Homebrew problem I'm thinking this phone has problems.

Getting back to the Homebrew stuff. I had already put the Pre into the developer mode to install "My Tether".. worked fine. (phone is hooked up with USB and in charge only mode incidentally during these attempts..)

G.
    web os QI is the quick installer you used to put anything and everything or your phone lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I have a Thinkpad T60P I just put a solid state hard drive and Windows 7 Ultimate on. I am installing all of the goodies from scratch and will try that. I'm betting with the weak BlueTooth that I have a problem phone that went back before and that's why I got the refurb.. Just a guess at this point though...

G..
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Apparently I know what I'm doing and something has gotten corrupted on my other computer. For one thing under the WEBoS options selection nothing comes up. On this latest installation it all came up.

I did have a Windows 7 machine and had to download Orca and then edit the one line out of WebdosDoctor. The rest installed just fine and then the WEBoS installer worked just fine. I bet I still have a problem with my BlueTooth and will have to get a new phone tomorrow but I got the HomeBrew apps up. I also donated without telling him about my problem. I figured it was going to be resolved soon one way or another but I am using a ton of his stuff.

Thanks to everyone that I already officially thanked... By the way. My Tether is the only reason I'm on here tonight as ATT Dsl bit the dust again. They just put a new modem in here Friday. I wonder what's up this time...

G..