1.    #1  
    I just downloaded Tweed and was wondering if I will have to keep the app open all the time to receive tweets (I think it must be open to receive tweets)
    Before installing tweed, I was receiving all my tweets as sms messages and they would just arrive like any other text message, which to me is very convenient (they arrive instantly too)
    I downloaded the free version of tweed but I'm not sure I want to have it open all the time.

Let me know what all the twitters out there are doing. Please convince me that tweed is a lot better for general twittering.

Thanks, Tim
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    The $1.99 tweed notifies you when the app is closed.
    I don't think you have to leave any twitter app open for it to update and do its thing...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    From my experience, tweed will notify you when you get a new tweet. The new version is better about it than previous ones in that before it would notify me and I would check and see ten new tweets. It is still limited though, if it sends you a notification and you get more tweets before you check it, it will not notify you again, I like it because if I don't check it right away it doesn't keep nagging me. Plus, the blink notification patch doesn't seem to work with it, but maybe I'm not doing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrythe View Post
    From my experience, tweed will notify you when you get a new tweet. The new version is better about it than previous ones in that before it would notify me and I would check and see ten new tweets. It is still limited though, if it sends you a notification and you get more tweets before you check it, it will not notify you again, I like it because if I don't check it right away it doesn't keep nagging me. Plus, the blink notification patch doesn't seem to work with it, but maybe I'm not doing something.
    The Blink notification is something they have to call in their own application, I suggest you tweet them @Tweed and let them know you want that feature.
    I'm a fan of Twee... Landscape mode, everything just works with twitpic. Notifiys you of new tweets and 2.99 in the catalog.
    Tweeds notifications are messed up. They don't always work. Tweed is faster and easier to use but Twee notifications work much more consistantly
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Still haven't decided if I want Twee or Tweed. I wish I could use both paid versions for a week each and then decide.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    I'm a fan of Twee... Landscape mode, everything just works with twitpic. Notifiys you of new tweets and 2.99 in the catalog.
    cosign
  10.    #10  
    OK, I bought the paid version of Tweed. Here is my question.
    Before I had tweed, I followed 20 people on twitter but I had it set up that only 10 of these people's tweets were sent to my phone vis text messages.
    Is it possible to do this with Tweed?
    If I follow a lot of people on the computer twitter page but only want some of them sent to my phone, how do I do this on tweed.

Thanks for any help you twitter experts can give a beginner.

Thanks, Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    Have to agree, I went back and forth between Spaz and Tweed like five times each when they first were out, but since moving to Twee have had no reason to switch to anything else.