Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright guys, my pre is getting scratched beyond belief. I can deal with 1 or 2 scratches but this is getting ridiculous. Thing is, it's just from opening and closing the PRE. Wonder if this warrants me for an exchange.!?

Here, posting some pictures. Tell me what you think!?

By the way, this is still my original pre. Never did an exchange or return.

PICTURE1... The very bottom part is rubbing and as you can see it's scraping off the black shiny finish... Kind of frustrating.

PICTURE2... Scratches on the mirror. I have 2. a scratch on the left and another scratch under the sprint logo.

PICTURE3... Tons of scuff and scratches on the black plastic part above the mirror...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I haven't seen that on mine. Is your phone really tight when sliding?

Did you happen to get a foreign matter (sand, etc) in there that is being abrasive?
    Quote Originally Posted by rawandvital View Post
    alright guys, my pre is getting scratched beyond belief. I can deal with 1 or 2 scratches but this is getting ridiculous. Thing is, it's just from opening and closing the pre. Wonder if this warrants me for an exchange.!?

Here, posting some pictures. Tell me what you think!?

By the way, this is still my original pre. Never did an exchange or return.

picture1... The very bottom part is rubbing and as you can see it's scraping off the black shiny finish... Kind of frustrating.

picture2... Scratches on the mirror. I have 2. A scratch on the left and another scratch under the sprint logo.

picture3... Tons of scuff and scratches on the black plastic part above the mirror...
    this happens to alsmot all the pres mine has some also
  4.    #4  
    No, it's not extremely extremely tight. I have a slight wobble back and forth... The OREO that everyone speaks of... But it's by no means tighter than it should be.

No, nothing in there that shouldn't be. I baby this phone. That's why it's frustrating...
    mine has the same scratches. original pre from late june. I dont have any serious problems with my pre, so these cosmetic scratches havent bothered me. As long as its not on the screen, i personally wouldnt worry about it.
  6.    #6  
    yeah, I've had a forever fitter screen shield on the thing since I purchased it. So I have no scratches on the screen. Just those cosmetic scratches. I agree it's frustrating but I'm not like some people here who are return ****s.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    yeah mine's got the back mirror ones. Doesn't bother me too much though. Just wipe the mirror clean and it doesn't look TOO bad. Although i have to admit, my scratches aren't as notable as yours.
  8.    #8  
    Oh well... It makes my PRE unique. it's like a birth mark!

*sigh* who am I kiddin'... I hate those scratches and scuffs! haha.

On the other hand, I just installed Preware today and it's amazing!
    umm I don't know what's up with your mirrors but mine is still pristine and there's so scratching whatsoever. O_O

I think your top part is too tight man. Oreo is side to side motion, doesn't do jack for up and down. You need to loosen screws or something cuz the top is pressed too much into the bottom half of the pre. That's why your keyboard is all scratched up.
    my Pre has the exact same scratches and scuffs as yours. are you sure you didn't take pictures of my phone? *sarcasm*
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I wouldn't go loosening screws. You'll probably make the problem worse.
    I've seen the problem with the mirror on display models at the sprint store. I luckily havent had that problem with my launch pre.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Same scratches here.
  14.    #14  
    hmmmm
    yup, very similar on mine.. tho not AS bad
    if you tried the simple push down on four corners trick to tighten up the oreo effect this is probably one thing that did this,not saying this is the only culprit either
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have the same scratches on my phone too, but we all know the build quality on this phone is garbage.
    As someone else would say from another post...

I think you 'found' a 'defect'

But I don't know if warrant exchange... and if I were a Pre owner and the rest of the phone rocks I would personally live with it.

I think over time rub and scratches on the mirror and in those areas are expected... it's a slider so you will have wear points. Your probably is on the heavy side but it's only cosmetic.

IMO opinion it's not worth exchanging for only scratches and get a refurb and worry about getting a phone with a bigger problem. There are people here that are living with dead pixels and screen discoloration than take a chance on an exchange. It's only cosmetic, enjoy the phone.

And also by not exchanging... you save a kitty
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Cosmetic like scratches on a phone are not covered by palm or sprint. If you wanted it replaced you would have to go through assurion, but im pretty sure the scratches aren't $100 scratches to you just yet.
  20.    #20  
    Yeah, nothing else is wrong with the phone really. I do have 1 or 2 dead pixels but you can ONLY see them during start up. And it's not like I sit there and really stare at the startup screen for it to bother me.

I wasn't really planning on returning the phone. I'm digging it regardless of the scuffs.

As for Sprint/Palm not covering it and I'd have to pay 100 dollars to get it replaces. I find that kinda crappy. oh well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast