1.    #1  
    so im just sitting here watching the pre charging, then it starts going nuts.

it looks like the phone is being swipe-gestured left and right and the screen is being touched (seeing the water-drop effect everywhere). it goes bonkers for a few minutes, stops, then goes bonkers again

i had to pop out the battery. put it back in. it worked normally for a few minutes then went nuts again

i did NOTHING to incite this. it was working perfectly this morning, had it charging for a n hour, then suddenly this behavior popped up. no drops. no water damage. NOTHING
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Palm Pre possessed?? maybe you will need to do a partial erase and log in again. any third party apps you have downloaded will be gone and may undo any rare issue with your phone.
    Sounds like your touchscreen may be dead. It's worth trying the different reset options, including webOS dr, but what you describe sounds like hardware to me.
    Voltage problem. Charge it in a different location. Battery may be damaged. Capacitive touch screens measure distortion in an electromagnitic field. So they are affected by changes in voltage. Make sure its not near anything also. Other than that its broke.
    Until you figured for sure what the issue is, back up and get off anything important to you on the phone while you have the chance... from what I read from other peoples posts... if the screen goes, you cant get to anything on the phone..
    Are you using a third party charger? I have a cheap microUSB wall charger that has the same thing happen when I use it. But the touchscreen is fine when I'm connected to the computer to charge, or using any actual Palm chargers.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbulock View Post
    Are you using a third party charger? I have a cheap microUSB wall charger that has the same thing happen when I use it. But the touchscreen is fine when I'm connected to the computer to charge, or using any actual Palm chargers.
    it was going crazy off a generic charger ... specs are 5v output, didnt disclose amperage. this is made for BB Pearl Flip and some other phones with micro-usb... figure it shouldnt be different from Palm

I reset it a bunch more time and its now "settled down" and acting more normal
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    its caused by non-official chargers. Get yourself a palm charger and it will stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Voltage problem. Charge it in a different location. Battery may be damaged. Capacitive touch screens measure distortion in an electromagnitic field. So they are affected by changes in voltage. Make sure its not near anything also. Other than that its broke.
    Like I said before only forgot to add that you should use the privded charger for the same reasons.