Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
       #1  
    There have been a lot of threads in several of the forums about getting a better handle on the way the WebOS browser deals with bookmarks. I use many bookmarks myself and, worse still, not all are the same level of importance. That's why I've organized the browser start page to list those websites I use most, which you can do pretty easily:

    Go to your bookmarks section in the browser. Press and hold an important bookmark and drag it to the top of the bookmark list--the first 12 or so will be the ones that appear when you start your browser.

    I don't really remember this being documented, but it's pretty simple. So simple that, with the rash of 'hidden feature' threads lately, I'm sure some of us may have missed it.
  2. #2  
    Good reminder. I also like to have the same bookmarks I have on my launcher also at the top of the list. So I can launch straight into a website, back swipe to bookmarks view and read the next sites in sequence. Saves steps instead of opening my favorites from the launcher.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  3. #3  
    Good tip, and I do exactly that, but the patche(s) being worked on will allow for many more bookmarks on the start page. For me, the 12 displayed is too little and I'm sure it's the same for the heavier users. Hopefully one day we'll have the ability to create categories as well.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  4. #4  
    I wish an app could be developed that let you have a home page open instead of the bookmarks.
  5. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #5  
    You can add a webpage to the launcher. This will do exactly what you're asking. On the page you want to open to tap Web>Page>Add to Launcher.
  6. #6  
    how about a webapp that handles your bookmarks?

    oh wait. Keytoss.com? Right?

    can we have just a homepage and bypass the bookmarks too?

    or better yet... Just add another launcher page and create a bunch of icons with your favs and get there with even less touches.... :-) you can also determine where the extra page is added so you don't have to move & reorganize everything too.
  7. #7  
    if you tap the upper right hand corner where it says web in the drop down tap on page then hit add to launcher , then shazam you now have web home page right on your launcher pages . No need to go open web then look for a bookmark anymore. If I was on my computer I would upload my page of web sites but I can do that later . Its really nice and so much faster , that I don't even use the web browser bookmarks anymore .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you tap the upper right hand corner where it says web in the drop down tap on page then hit add to launcher , then shazam you now have web home page right on your launcher pages . No need to go open web then look for a bookmark anymore. If I was on my computer I would upload my page of web sites but I can do that later . Its really nice and so much faster , that I don't even use the web browser bookmarks anymore .
    ok I tested this out and I was able to add the page I wanted to my launcher. The problem I have is that I accidentally made two shortcuts and can't find a way to delete the duplicate. Anybody know how to do this? I tried going through the app list but that only works for apps. Tia
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by speakeazy86 View Post
    ok I tested this out and I was able to add the page I wanted to my launcher. The problem I have is that I accidentally made two shortcuts and can't find a way to delete the duplicate. Anybody know how to do this? I tried going through the app list but that only works for apps. Tia
    You just hold the orange key and tap the shortcut - you'll get a delete menu.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  10. #10  
    Thanks for the tip. I like it better than the way I did it which was to add a period to the beginning of the bookmark name. I use Google Tasks and wanted a quick way to get to it. With the period, the bookmark is in the upper left hand corner and so always quickly available.
  11. #11  
    @michaelone


    why not just put a link to the web page right on your launcher page ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    You can add a webpage to the launcher. This will do exactly what you're asking. On the page you want to open to tap Web>Page>Add to Launcher.
    Thanks for sharing! I've never really investigated adding pages to the launcher. Don't know what I was waiting for
  13. #13  
    the bookmark icons are too large.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    the bookmark icons are too large.
    thats why i just add the pages i go to to my launcher pages instead
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

Posting Permissions