1.    #1  
    long story short, the pre needs to be doctor'ed back due to issues, I cant do this though as I need to save the texts between me and someone else. Is there a way to save the text messages files to the pc, and if so what files are they, and what is the best way to get them off. I have got homebrew, and preware, so I know some of the things that can be changed, but I cant find anything online yet with anything on saving these files.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Ever find an answer? I need the same thing badly.
    this used to be an option on palm OS with missingsync and a mac, dont have a pre yet so cant tell you if it still is?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

quick fix- screen caps.... option-sym-p
    Can't you just select all -> copy -> paste to an email?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Screen caps isn't an answer and would take far far too long and too many pictures. It can take me over 30 mins of constant scrolling just to reach the top of some of my threads.

Select all doesn't actually select all, only a small clip of the conversation, plus it doesn't copy who is saying each message.
    there is a database on the phone that holds all that info

Important Personal Data Locations - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Yeah I've saved that from the phone but that doesn't really make it usable to me, I just have a back-up "just in case" but no way to easily see the conversations