Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Still on my first Pre. Wish i was like everyone else and had to return my Pre multiple times . You guys are so lucky have to be able to get a new Pre every time you "find" a "defect". Question which pocket do you put your Pre in and which pocket do you place you iphone in?
    Same here. Have my first Pre and other than a little twist, it works great. Went to deep in the code and had to "Doc" the phone twice. No big deal. Got a Leather "pocket" case and keep the phone in my left front pants pocket always with the face of the phone against my leg. Have done that with all models of Palm I have owned over the years. My last one the Palm 700wx is 3 years old beat to hell and still works today. Heck, the keys are worn and the silver shell is clear in most spots since the color has worn off.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I do miss my 700. That thing was beat to hell but worked great! Haha.
    Yeah, I'm still on my launch day Pre. I must be doing something wrong to not have a bunch of replacements........

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    +1.
    +1
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    me too...a perfect launch day Pre. I'm such a loser
    I'm also on a launch day Pre, only it's someone else's.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    looks like I'm in the club too. same Pre since launch day with no real problems. *** is wrong with me and my Pre??
  10. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    same here. First Pre. Got the oreo effect, but with snap on plastic cover I don't notice it.
    Actually you and many that have posted with original Pre's are actually in the majority... not the minority if you look at the statistics of exchanges from this poll...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/poll-1789-a.html

And in the original poll, it has gone the same way... you are in the majority where a greater percentage of people have actually not had to exchange their pre's.

But there are unfortunate people that as you say 'find' a 'defect'...

And I am not talking about 'lame' excuses now... like finding an oreo because even though that has been a cause for replacements, we now know that the oreo is pretty much 'normal.'

I mean those people that 'find' that they have color distortion (I work with a doctor that 'found' this 'defect' and felt it warranted replacement), or 'find' their touchscreens had suddenly died or 'find' that their pre has cracked around the power button or 'find' that their phones powered off after closing the slider (which we know is a offsized battery now) or 'find' that their phones are stuck in headset mode (which now they know that they have to keep a spare jack handy because the 'fix' is to insert/remove it in the jack a few times) or those people that 'find' bad pixels...

...and people with other reasons that have posted that they 'find'... those people that really are in the MINORITY... feel for them and let's hope they will be as lucky as the rest of you eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    Still on my first Pre. Wish i was like everyone else and had to return my Pre multiple times . You guys are so lucky have to be able to get a new Pre every time you "find" a "defect". Question which pocket do you put your Pre in and which pocket do you place you iphone in?
    I really feel bad for the ones on their 4th Pre. Seems to be a few. Some people have a higher acceptance level than others or are very unlucky. Am not saying one level is better than another. We are all different. If you can live with it and it is minor, you might think about keeping it first. It helps to keep insurance cost down..
    lol. funny.

that's your fifth one right? hope the 5th is the charm and you dont 'find' any more 'defects'

Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I'm also on a launch day Pre, only it's someone else's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    If you can live with it and it is minor, you might think about keeping it first. It helps to keep insurance cost down..
    And beside insurance costs down...

it also saves a kitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    lol. funny.

that's your fifth one right? hope the 5th is the charm and you dont 'find' any more 'defects'
    6th. And, I may be on the way to 7th but I'm trying to live with it. When it warms up the bottom right corner turns yellowish. That's annoying when watching video.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm also on my launch day Pre without any issues. Once i had to tighten the 4 screws which control how tight the slider is because I dropped it and it got a little loose, but since its been great. Also I had to WebOS Doctor it because I had too many patches, from too many sources.

Everything is great, I wish we had a few more features, but overall I'm satisfied.
    i bought a used Pre via C.L. two weeks ago. It was chipped on the corner and had a couple of nicks on the screen already, but it was an unbeatable deal. It works wonderfully.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    You guys know why they're on these many phones, right?
    I actually don't blame them.

I had oreo and gap... and returned mine, just to get a REFURBISHED Pre with minor headjack and oreo problems.
    Now I'm living with it.
    Not a launch day user as my contract wasn't up then but I'm still on my first Pre (1 week and counting!!! ) and besides a super minor twist that doesn't happen unless I FORCE IT (LOL) I'm 100% happy with this thing. It has CHANGED MY LIfE!!!
    I've had the same Pre since launch day. This "oreo" twist you speak of is very slight, if at all on my phone - no gap at all between the two pieces. I constantly battled with the desire to exchange the phone largely because of three very faint stuck pixels along the edges of the phone (only noticeable on black). I have stopped worrying.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast