Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Got mine Sept 1, 2009. Not a single issue. I have the Touchstone back and a Phantom Skin over the front only. I keep it in it's felt bag when I carry it around in my purse. I'm not super delicate with it, but I do respect it.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    posting this from the 6th pre sold in center city philadelphia on launch day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    Still on my first Pre. Wish i was like everyone else and had to return my Pre multiple times . You guys are so lucky have to be able to get a new Pre every time you "find" a "defect". Question which pocket do you put your Pre in and which pocket do you place you iphone in?
    i was just like you, had my pre since july, and got it stolen at my school a week be4 christmas, so on the second one now
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Those with broken Pres, more often than not, are simply careless and have adopted the 'if it breaks I'll get a new one' mentality . Treat everything you own as if it's your only possession in the world and you'll soon see how much longer things last.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    bought in august, no issues thusfar.
    here's knockin' on wood!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm on my 2nd but only because my 1st took a deep dive off of a dock and into a lake. Since I found out you can take pictures with the keyboard open and use the space bar to take the pic with I"ve been doing that so I have more of the phone to hang onto. It also keeps my fingers out of the picture. When I drooped my 1st phone I backed away from the edge of the dock into the middle so I DID'NT drop the phone over the edge, would you believe that the phone bounced 3 or 4 times right off the edge of the dock, I had it for 3 weeks, talk about PO'ed. Thank god for Insurance. Oh yea, I was reviewing the pics I had just taken. My wife is still on her 1st. We've had good luck with our phones and have not had any major problems.
    I knock on wood because I haven't and a single problem with my Pre since I got it..mind you I'm still relatively knew (60 days) but I have a slight oreo (but had that on my side slide phone --- prepaid one and several other friends how have other slide phones have that issue to....hmmmmmmmmmm) but that is the only thing and I consider that normal.

I keep waiting for the the phone to just shatter when I pick it up because of all the complaints in here.........ROTFLMAO
    Still on my launch day pre here. I have had a few issues, but was able to keep my same phone. I had the battery issue show up around august. Went to sprint, they gave me a new battery...turns out I already had the new battery in my phone, since launch. So I have a permenent piece of paper back there, no biggie. Just before thanksgiving the power button broke. I panicked, becuase i did not want to give up my launch day pre, that has done me so well thus far, for a refurb. Went to my local sprint repair place, 5 minutes later, my phone was good as new.

For those of you with the power button issue, leading to a new phone. You got screwed IMHO. You didn't need a new phone, only a new button. I was in AZ on vaca when i had my issue, the local sprint store that was also a repair store, tried to order me a new phone. When I came home i rushed to my sprint repair shop, got it fixed no problem. Keep that in mind if you haven't had that issue. Go to a repair shop only. not one of those combo stores. otherwise they will just replace phone with a refurb, instead of fixing your phone.
    Have two launch day Pre's. Mine with bodyguard front and the Sprint slider case, wifes bone stock in Palm side case with the slightest oreo. No issues at all with either phones, even after dropping mine while jogging.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    +1 launch day Pre. OEM sleeping bag when I have shirt pockets, boxwave holster when I don't, and extra care handling in between
    1st & only Pre..Lucky me.
    When Life Gives You Lemons.....Squirt Them In Someone's Eye!
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Those with broken Pres, more often than not, are simply careless and have adopted the 'if it breaks I'll get a new one' mentality . Treat everything you own as if it's your only possession in the world and you'll soon see how much longer things last.
    Could be true.. I have not done a study on this matter... However, I am on my 3rd Pre. Launch day pre had the power button stuck, not from neglect just a common issue noted here in the forums. 2nd Pre just returned 3 days ago because of the infamous crack from the usb port. Again, never dropped it took very good care of it. I believe when i opened the port it had a hairline crack and over a couple of months progressed to the screen. My 3rd Pre is the best of the bunch to date. Over the past 4 years I have had several smart phones & never replaced a single one until this phone.
    With that said. This is the best phone I have owned minus the hardware. The OS is simply amazing and am looking forward to the future of Palm. I just hope they address the hardware issues in the future. INMO many of the people replacing their Pre is due to hardware and INMO more from defect of the phone than is typical. Yes, you will always have the guy who drops his phone & blames it on Sprint & Palm but again INMO many with the Pre are probably legit...

(Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I could be completely wrong...)
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    Still
    For those of you with the power button issue, leading to a new phone. You got screwed IMHO. You didn't need a new phone, only a new button. I was in AZ on vaca when i had my issue, the local sprint store that was also a repair store, tried to order me a new phone. When I came home i rushed to my sprint repair shop, got it fixed no problem. Keep that in mind if you haven't had that issue. Go to a repair shop only. not one of those combo stores. otherwise they will just replace phone with a refurb, instead of fixing your phone.
    Took mine to a Sprint repair store with this issue. They said they are not allowed to pull the Pre apart and would have to order the refurb. My refurb was better than my launch day pre with less slide (Oreo). Guess as always just depends where you live and which Sprint employee you get??
    on my first also... like others im waiting for it to explode after reading these forums
    im on my first pre as well and its broken cracked screen damage software issues and it thinks its an iphone but i still love it and wouldnt trade it for anything lol there is absolutely nothing wrong with my phone seriously wth are u people doing to your phones hehehe
    Got my Pre in September, been loving it ever since. I haven't been as careful with it as I should have been, but I've had more problems with my USB cable than the phone itself.

Looks like the only thing that will cause me to put my Pre down anytime soon would be a new WebOS device that launches before September 2010, or being employed by Sprint.
    I'm as careful with my Pre as I am with my 8 month old son (maybe even more careful, my son is pretty unbreakable thus-far, haha).

I'm on my fourth pre. Every single previous one has shattered it's touchscreen from the center button up, while sitting untouched, charging.

It's not user error, there's a good chunk of Pre's out there that are simply defective. I'm sure those with shattered touchscreen issues are the -very- vocal minority, but the shattered screen thread is the biggest one on the official pre forum so it's not exactly rare either... Palm has recognized this and is replacing them free of charge.

All in all I enjoy my Pre, and I think good things are happening with it especially with recent homebrew developments. I'm keeping the faith and hopefully the 4th time's the charm.
    Launch day ( and first in line ) PRE here. Very slight twist and fragile plastic micro USB port door finally broke off. Otherwise, functioning excellently!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    June 6th pre.. no issues other than i dropped it and caused a small crack on the bottom right side of the phone but other than that its been solid (no oreo, ran at 600mhz, etc).
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    Could be true.. I have not done a study on this matter... However, I am on my 3rd Pre. Launch day pre had the power button stuck, not from neglect just a common issue noted here in the forums. 2nd Pre just returned 3 days ago because of the infamous crack from the usb port. Again, never dropped it took very good care of it. I believe when i opened the port it had a hairline crack and over a couple of months progressed to the screen. My 3rd Pre is the best of the bunch to date. Over the past 4 years I have had several smart phones & never replaced a single one until this phone.
    With that said. This is the best phone I have owned minus the hardware. The OS is simply amazing and am looking forward to the future of Palm. I just hope they address the hardware issues in the future. INMO many of the people replacing their Pre is due to hardware and INMO more from defect of the phone than is typical. Yes, you will always have the guy who drops his phone & blames it on Sprint & Palm but again INMO many with the Pre are probably legit...

(Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I could be completely wrong...)
    Considering the hard line approach I took that was a very diplomatic reply, heh. And I acknowledge that their are genuine unpreventable hardware problems with the Pre, the build quality isn't entirely poor, but there are areas of weakness.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast