1.    #1  
    Any ideas on how to export contacts from the Pre would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Would LOVE too also, need to print them out..
    Use Google contacts. Then you have many options. Palm Profile contacts are a dead end.
    how does google contacts work? do i have to buy certain software?
    Google Contacts are part of a Google gmail account. You just sign up for a gmail account (free), and then set that as your "default" Contacts account in the Pre. This should be IMHO the *first* thing any Pre owner does (unless they have some other specific system, e.g. Exchange, that they need to use).

Any contacts you enter using Palm Profile are pretty much stuck there. With Google you have a *lot* more control. If you decide there's a better option later you can move them. With Palm Profile ... not so much (there are ways, but they're ugly).
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Use Google contacts. Then you have many options. Palm Profile contacts are a dead end.
    I just posted a solution for retrieving Palm Profile contacts without rotting your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernzo View Post
    I just posted a solution for retrieving Palm Profile contacts without rotting your phone.
    Like I said ... possible, but ugly 8^).