Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    What's up with that?

This isn't the first time the big Goog has shown love to Apple and an inexplicable glaring omission regarding the Pre. I'm not really sure why they're feel obliged to specify only Android and iPhone when those pages are obviously optimized for any large touchscreen Webkit-based type phone.

Anybody use Google books on the Pre?
    Book Search
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Google is probably trying to protect Android. That's why we will probably never see an official Google voice app for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Google is probably trying to protect Android. That's why we will probably never see an official Google voice app for the Pre.
    Whatever happened to the enemy of my enemy is my friend yadda yadda?

Actually, I'm thinking that Google is trying to protect ChromeOS from WebOS...
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    so why were google trying to push GV for the IPhone?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    so why were google trying to push GV for the IPhone?
    because they can. and they can stick it to crApple.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Usually their updates work for all three.
    To be fair, Google is actually the best right now about actually detecting the Pre and giving us nice mobile interfaces. Google Reader works, Google News works, etc. Most other websites on the internet do not detect the WebOS at all and we are given dumbphone interfaces. I think the Google Books team just made a slip up. They should fix it soon.

WebOS has an extremely small market share right now and is not common to test against for web apps. Give it another six months and WebOS will be detected and given the enhanced interfaces just like Android and iPhone.