Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #1  
    the roam only option on quick install, will not work with my pre. It just sits and says searching.. Has anyone got this to work? Is there a trick to it?
  2. #2  
    Roam only was a battery saver for me yesterday. I was in a large office building all day and I noticed at lunch that my battery was down to 50% by noon with no use. I switched to roam only and lost only 5% more by the end of the day.
  3. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Roam only was a battery saver for me yesterday. I was in a large office building all day and I noticed at lunch that my battery was down to 50% by noon with no use. I switched to roam only and lost only 5% more by the end of the day.
    thanks for boosting your post count.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    thanks for boosting your post count.
    If you're enjoying silence, stay silent! Just because some post doesn't agree with your particular wants or needs; it doesn't mean that it can't help others. I've installed the Roam Only patch but haven't had a chance or need to use it yet. when I travel to my in-laws my closest Sprint Tower is over 10 miles away and this kills the battery quickly so I plan on benefiting from it here. However, I really didn't think to use it in the urban situation that Bevcraw mentioned so that's helpful to me ( and maybe others)
    However, in your situation, have you tried rebooting your Pre after the installation. This fixes many issues and certainly may help with yours. Also, another tip is to put the phone in airline mode, activate the Roam Only and then go back to radio use. This should do the trick! Good luck.
  5. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    If you're enjoying silence, stay silent! Just because some post doesn't agree with your particular wants or needs; it doesn't mean that it can't help others. I've installed the Roam Only patch but haven't had a chance or need to use it yet. when I travel to my in-laws my closest Sprint Tower is over 10 miles away and this kills the battery quickly so I plan on benefiting from it here. However, I really didn't think to use it in the urban situation that Bevcraw mentioned so that's helpful to me ( and maybe others)
    However, in your situation, have you tried rebooting your Pre after the installation. This fixes many issues and certainly may help with yours. Also, another tip is to put the phone in airline mode, activate the Roam Only and then go back to radio use. This should do the trick! Good luck.
    This:

    Roam only was a battery saver for me yesterday. I was in a large office building all day and I noticed at lunch that my battery was down to 50% by noon with no use. I switched to roam only and lost only 5% more by the end of the day.
    does not help anyone. It isn't even pertinent to the post I created. It's replies like these, and users like this, that usually keep me away from precentral... Unless it's of utter importance, like: OMG I DEVELOPED A VIDEO RECORDING APP, AND IT'LL BRING BACK JESUS.. you rarely get a useful reply.

    And adding the roam only option, and not even testing to see if it works, even in your own home, office, etc.. is silly... What happens if you add it, and then end up needing it, only to find out it doesn't work? You would have known that beforehand by testing it after enabling it.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    the roam only option on quick install, will not work with my pre. It just sits and says searching.. Has anyone got this to work? Is there a trick to it?
    I guess I have to ask...are you sure that there's a verizon tower you can roam onto? Does the signal change (drop) at all when you enable roam-only?

    The other factor: only verizon affiliates where you trying to roam. IIRC Sprint only has roaming agreements with native vzw towers.
  7. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I guess I have to ask...are you sure that there's a verizon tower you can roam onto? Does the signal change (drop) at all when you enable roam-only?

    The other factor could be that there are only verizon affiliates where you are. Sprint (I believe) only has roaming agreements with native vzw towers.
    Yea, you see, I use to be a VZW customer.. and I know there is service in my house... and it was native service (zip code 32063) if you want to look it up... And no.. the signal goes away period.. and the phone just says Searching... in the upper left - forever.
  8. #8  
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  9. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I had looked @ that a while back... however, the Roam Only option under Quick Install > Tweaks, I would have assumed, would be the same thing, if not similar. Aside from that, I haven't the slightest idea how do to that whole command line thing on a Windows PC.
  10. #10  
    I prefer Preware and installed the Roam-Only patch and the roam-only toggle icon. Works every time for me....I don't know. Can you unintall it, Load Preware and try with that?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    ....Has anyone got this to work?....
    This was one of your questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Roam only was a battery saver for me yesterday. I was in a large office building all day and I noticed at lunch that my battery was down to 50% by noon with no use. I switched to roam only and lost only 5% more by the end of the day.
    It was answered here!
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    thanks for boosting your post count.
    This maybe why few will help you in this thread. Bevcraw is .59 per day. Your count is 0.67 per day. You have many post that complain and few that help. Your thank count % is 1 every 4.8 post. Bevcraw is 1 every 3.5 post. Understandable. You have been thanked once in every 13.5 post. Bevcraw has been thanked once every 3.5 post. Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    This:does not help anyone. It isn't even pertinent to the post I created. It's replies like these, and users like this, that usually keep me away from precentral... Unless it's of utter importance, like: OMG I DEVELOPED A VIDEO RECORDING APP, AND IT'LL BRING BACK JESUS.. you rarely get a useful reply.

    And adding the roam only option, and not even testing to see if it works, even in your own home, office, etc.. is silly... What happens if you add it, and then end up needing it, only to find out it doesn't work? You would have known that beforehand by testing it after enabling it.
    You may need glasses and to attack without much feedback to start....
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I prefer Preware and installed the Roam-Only patch and the roam-only toggle icon. Works every time for me....I don't know. Can you unintall it, Load Preware and try with that?
    This Member was nice and did help.

    As far as I. I have it working. Hope this post was helpful. That's my statement and sticking to it...lol
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 10/24/2009 at 08:19 PM.
  12. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #12  
    I was not under the impression that this entire community, and the results members achieve via threads, was based upon percentages, number of posts per day, number of thanks, etc....

    palandri, thank you for your help. and to answer MilenkoD, no, I haven't the slightest idea how to install PreWare. However I know someone who does, personally. If they help me, great. If not, I'll find another website that has the same information as this, just more organized, with on an average, a happier set of members... oh wait! I'm a member of one... howardforums!

    so Finally Pre, **** you. you useless pig. moderators. ban me. terminate my account, I don't necessarily care. oh wait, pre central doesn't *really* have moderators, unless other members seriously b i t ch about a thread... and it takes an act of god to get you banned..

    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    This was one of your questions!

    It was answered here!

    This maybe why few will help you in this thread. Bevcraw is .59 per day. Your count is 0.67 per day. You have many post that complain and few that help. Your thank count % is 1 every 4.8 post. Bevcraw is 1 every 3.5 post. Understandable. You have been thanked once in every 13.5 post. Bevcraw has been thanked once every 3.5 post. Interesting.


    You may need glasses and to attack without much feedback to start....

    This Member was nice and did help.

    As far as I. I have it working. Hope this post was helpful. That's my statement and sticking to it...lol
  13. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    the roam only option on quick install, will not work with my pre. It just sits and says searching.. Has anyone got this to work? Is there a trick to it?
    Does not work for me neither!!! And never has.

    Searching searching searching in places that I know for sure has Verizon coverage. I mean, where does verizon not have coverage???

  14. #14  
    Counts don't really matter much at all. As has been seen by most of you post history and complaining in other threads you again miss the point. At least this time you got "t'ed" off at something worth wild. That is my post and not someone else.
    I suggest 4 things. get out of the house more often, go back to school so you don't have to be so limited in your english exspession, read what others respond for what is asked and appreciate those that assist you in growing up.

    And for Lito305 - have you tried the Preware download? If not, make sure you uninstall the one you installed with QI with QI. and then install by way of Preware. See if that works.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 10/24/2009 at 09:50 PM.
  15. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    And for Lito305 - have you tried the Preware download? If not, make sure you uninstall the one you installed with QI with QI. and then install by way of Preware. See if that works.
    Yes it is installed via preware..

    I've tried everything and it just never works..
  16. #16  
    Closed thread. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

    Moderators are here and we do look into posts. We give everyone here the chance to act like adults, and perhaps we give people too many chances. If you persist in creating the kind of atmosphere of attacks, personal or otherwise, you will be banned. Consider this a warning. This thread has been submitted for review.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 10/24/2009 at 10:14 PM.

Posting Permissions