Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    OK, I've had my Pre since day 1. I've used the command line for some time, I've had the SDK installed for some time. I have lots of patches installed. I use preware and wosqi. In the past I used quilt.

Lately I've had a bit of a connectivity issue via USB. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. I connect the pre and put it in charge only mode. Sometimes it mounts up and I can putty in to it, some times it doesn't. Sometimes I hook it up and put it in usb drive mode and it shows up in windows explorer, and sometimes it doesn't. Consistently after I try and use usb mode, I disconnect the cable and Luna restarts. (Or appears to)

I have uninstalled the SDK now, and Novacom. It's still acting flakey. I'm not sure exactly what is going on. Is it my pc, or is it the phone. Oh, the other thing I either get the windows doesn't recognize the device, or I get the usb 2.0 device could operate faster. This is a stinking 2 month old laptop with nothing but usb 2.0 ports. Sometimes it mounts the usb drive, I'm using it, it goes away and disappears. Then it comes back a little later (all without disconnecting the cable)

I never have to put my phone in dev mode. It appears that something I did early on made it not require dev mode any more.

I am VERY tempted to web doctor my phone, I just don't want to deal with re-linking all of my stinking contacts on the phone. It was a great deal of work to begin with. I also don't know that would solve my issues.

Basically I'm wondering if others are having any of the same type of issues or not. I don't recall having these issues before 1.2.1 In fact it seems to me that it was working solid before that upgrade.

So tell me, Doctor or not.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    same thing happens to me. I just restarted my computet and tried it again and it works. Try that, hope it works!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Typically a computer reboot does clear it up temporarily. But shortly after that first next connection it starts going astray again. Should I have to reboot the computer literally every time I want to do something with my pre via usb?
    -----------------
    If you have another computer, and preferably another USB cable for the Pre; nest time you PC doesn't recognize the USB, try the Pre (and cable) on the other computer. If it works OK, you've narrowed the problem down to the PC (or cable).

I suspect your PC. If it was the Pre (or cable) rebooting the computer wouldn't help.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Question, Is it normal for Luna to restart after disconnecting it from USB Drive mode?
    -----------------
    it works fine with windows 7
    i get this all the time. I hate it. I have tried different pc's cables with no joy. I can't drag and drop more that a couple of files at a time or windows dumps the drive. It does the same over media sync with itunes. And no i don't want to use double twist. It is a far cry from the feature rich itunes.
    My problem is none of my comps read mine, any way to fix that?