Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Pre's performance has just been sad since 1.2.1 (go ahead, flag and move this thread). At first I thought it was faster, but I've noticed it's gotten slower...almost like the accelerated "Windows rot" you get after having the same OS for years. The phone app itself sometimes takes 3 seconds to switch between screens. The browser is only fast on yahoo (the autocomplete in the search box is pretty damn neat), but slow on everything else. And I don't usually leave apps open.

Yes, I've rebooted/battery pulled/etc. I don't even think it's GPU lag - I think it just needs some kind of optimization... :-\ Maybe there's a memory leak with an app I have, or WebOS just needs better internal garbage collection (if that even applies)

*sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    My Pre's performance has just been sad since 1.2.1 (go ahead, flag and move this thread). At first I thought it was faster, but I've noticed it's gotten slower...almost like the accelerated "Windows rot" you get after having the same OS for years. The phone app itself sometimes takes 3 seconds to switch between screens. The browser is only fast on yahoo (the autocomplete in the search box is pretty damn neat), but slow on everything else. And I don't usually leave apps open.

Yes, I've rebooted/battery pulled/etc. I don't even think it's GPU lag - I think it just needs some kind of optimization... :-\ Maybe there's a memory leak with an app I have, or WebOS just needs better internal garbage collection (if that even applies)

*sigh*

have you tried the more cards optimizations, they seem to help lots of people, including myself.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1976277
    theres a tutorial on page 2
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    yah. Its really starting to get annoying. I sorta wish the htc hero had a physical keyboard bc this lag is starting to make me regret buying the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rmmorse81 View Post
    yah. Its really starting to get annoying. I sorta wish the htc hero had a physical keyboard bc this lag is starting to make me regret buying the pre
    have you tried the tweak?

also, don't go for a hero, you might regret that.

the moment comes out very soon with a keyboard and faster processor than the hero.

then in another few months, another phone, probably.

it will never end.
    There are four lights.
  5.    #5  
    And just to be clear (since I know the flame police is on patrol), I f'n love this device. I especially love making fun of my iPhone friends who are typing something in Facebook and get a call, only to come back to a closed application/browser (ha!)

But dammit, the device needs to be fast enough to a degree for folks to be able to be productive with it. Otherwise, it ends up just being a neat toy.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    have you tried the tweak?

also, don't go for a hero, you might regret that.

the moment comes out very soon with a keyboard and faster processor than the hero.

then in another few months, another phone, probably.

it will never end.
    I appreciate the link. But no one should have to tweak to get rid of this lag. Also I don't believe the moment has senseui. HTC's senseui looks great and reminds me of the card feeling
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post

But dammit, the device needs to be fast enough to a degree for folks to be able to be productive with it. Otherwise, it ends up just being a neat toy.
    agreed
    There are four lights.
    I agree the Pre seems slow in every aspect. I cannot tell you how many times I've held down a key for a speed dial and it'll already connect me to the call before the phone application even loads (this is incredibly annoying when you're calling voicemail and it already asked for the PIN but I can't enter it yet). Sometimes speed dial doesn't even work and it freezes a little.

The calendar is incredibly slow, email is slow.... bah, oh well. I think the Pre is a really, really cool device and it does multitasking better than any device hands down but it also has many issues other devices don't have. As soon as the Hero came out I thought about jumping to it but it has a poor CPU so I'm waiting for a better android device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I agree the Pre seems slow in every aspect. I cannot tell you how many times I've held down a key for a speed dial and it'll already connect me to the call before the phone application even loads (this is incredibly annoying when you're calling voicemail and it already asked for the PIN but I can't enter it yet). Sometimes speed dial doesn't even work and it freezes a little.

The calendar is incredibly slow, email is slow.... bah, oh well. I think the Pre is a really, really cool device and it does multitasking better than any device hands down but it also has many issues other devices don't have. As soon as the Hero came out I thought about jumping to it but it has a poor CPU so I'm waiting for a better android device.

Yea I'll be sticking to the pre for the near term, I am always searching, which is a curse. the current crop of android is slow, i agree, but 2.0 should bring omap3 support and things should really start to take off.

but honestly I'm hoping for some updates from palm before that happens. I jump devices too much I would really like to stick around.
    There are four lights.
    It's amazing, how all the ppl that got that 1.2 leak were all going on and on and on about how much faster it got. Mine's slower than ever now, and i have no mods whatsoever. Makes me wonder.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Wanting better performance is one thing but folks need to realize there is no such thing as a perfect phone, computer, gadget etc...no device ever gets 100% of what users want, the only people I've ever met online or off that say that's so are only arguing for one product and one product only.

There's only one word for that but they won't let me type it here
    i dont know about u guys....but my pre is fast as hell....as fast as can be...maybe u could doctor ur phone?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Email is now slow as well, overall since 1.2.1 the phone has suffered in terms of speed.
    And don't get me started on touch sensitivity. the iphone trumps it in this area no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    It's amazing, how all the ppl that got that 1.2 leak were all going on and on and on about how much faster it got. Mine's slower than ever now, and i have no mods whatsoever. Makes me wonder.
    Fast to you may not be fast to others. If you've never used another device such as an iPhone or Hero then you have no idea what fast is. Just sayin' ... this phone is laggy as hell. I have a 50% chance of a tap registering when I hit something. I'm on the verge of dropping this phone until they get their act together, but this was kind of to be expected from an OS built entirely on JavaScript (which is slooooow to begin with).

Don't get me wrong, I love the phone and the potential it has, but before they can move forward with that potential, there are a lot of underlying problems they must solve first.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Fast to you may not be fast to others. If you've never used another device such as an iPhone or Hero then you have no idea what fast is. Just sayin' ... this phone is laggy as hell. I have a 50% chance of a tap registering when I hit something. I'm on the verge of dropping this phone until they get their act together, but this was kind of to be expected from an OS built entirely on JavaScript (which is slooooow to begin with).

Don't get me wrong, I love the phone and the potential it has, but before they can move forward with that potential, there are a lot of underlying problems they must solve first.
    I said my phone is SLOWER than ever now, NOT faster. I'm sick of it too.
    how many emails do you have in your email app. ? The more you have stored the slower it will be. And if you have a certain patch installed it causes the email app to slow down . Can't remember which patch it is right this sec. .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have all of 15 in 1 10 in another and none in another
    I could care less about apps when the phone is just laggy the way it is.
    im glad its not just me. i thought that since i had some tweaks on my phone that was the problem. as i can see here thats not the case. I will hold out , i think they will fix it in a update...soon?
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    how many emails do you have in your email app. ? The more you have stored the slower it will be. And if you have a certain patch installed it causes the email app to slow down . Can't remember which patch it is right this sec. .
    I deleted my email accounts from the phone to test this, but I see no difference. Thanx though.

PS- And no patches, tweaks, twooks, twakes or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Email is now slow as well, overall since 1.2.1 the phone has suffered in terms of speed.
    And don't get me started on touch sensitivity. the iphone trumps it in this area no doubt.
    the iphone is so much faster then this phone.its not even funny!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast