Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    the iphone is so much faster then this phone.its not even funny!
    Indeed it is. I'm not a programmer so i don't know the root cause..
    but my biggest problem with my pre boils down to two things...TOUCH SENSITIVITY and SPEED. period. anything else is just secondary.
    -
    pressing something on the pre has about what, a 70% success rate?
    coming from a mogul, yes it's way more accurate, but coming from an itouch its kinda unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont know about u guys....but my pre is fast as hell....as fast as can be...maybe u could doctor ur phone?
    How long does it take to open your email or any app? What about the calendar? If you swipe from one day to another, how long does that take?

I've had quite a few phones and while the Pre handles multitasking the best, so far it's been the slowest in practically every-way compared to my previous phones (including previous Palm phones) which is really unfortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    how many emails do you have in your email app. ? The more you have stored the slower it will be. And if you have a certain patch installed it causes the email app to slow down . Can't remember which patch it is right this sec. .
    patch you referring to was the auto correct dictionary patch. really slowed it down.. but another was released that was better i guess but i did not try, due to such terrible results from the first one i figured it wasnt important enough to me
    i just made a similar thread, oops, bring on the hate. but im withe veryone on this. laoding pics takes forever... bringing up the camera app is terribly slow... you know when your around 5 ppl or so that are all pulling out there phone to snap a pic of something happening at the moment... im always the LAST one to get it. hell they prolly have theirs uploaded to facebook already and my camera app is still loading lol.

love the pre but after playin w/ an iphone the last few days.. its still no comparison to how smooth and responsive it is. i hate comparing directly to iphone.. ive never owned one. but dammit after all thees years of buying new phones for once i want to have "the best" and i stil dont feel like i do.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Is it just me or is the tone with most everyone and the Pre beginning to change?? I'm noticing the hard core Pre users (including myself until recently) seem to be changing the way they view their Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Is it just me or is the tone with most everyone and the Pre beginning to change?? I'm noticing the hard core Pre users (including myself until recently) seem to be changing the way they view their Pre.
    Yeah I have noticed that too. The Pre does'nt seem to have taken off in the UK either, no one seems that interested in it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazikev24 View Post
    Yeah I have noticed that too. The Pre does'nt seem to have taken off in the UK either, no one seems that interested in it.
    I think lately there has been a lot of qeustions raised about programming and if they will be able to do quality, speedy apps due to the cripple SDK. This raises concerns with people including myself. I know it is new, but that doesn't help people looking for function now.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Indeed it is. I'm not a programmer so i don't know the root cause..
    but my biggest problem with my pre boils down to two things...TOUCH SENSITIVITY and SPEED. period. anything else is just secondary.
    -
    pressing something on the pre has about what, a 70% success rate?
    coming from a mogul, yes it's way more accurate, but coming from an itouch its kinda unacceptable.
    I sometimes wonder if i legit have a different phone from some people. My touch registers 100% of the time unless my finger is not touching the correct part of the screen.

My camera app takes 2 seconds to open. Viewing the pic takes a while, but if i take multiple pictures i leave the photo gallary open and its instant.

I also leave my text and email apps open and those are instant when i need to check something.

Granted i did WebOS doctor my phoen a few weeks ago...but still its weid how inconsistant some peoples expeirence with the phone is.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I think its changing because some of us are realizing that the Pre isn't necessarily the super-perfect phone we thought it would be. I bought the phone knowing it had some flaws (back off flame cops) but I had the hope that things would be fixed relatively soon with updates. Thank God for the hombrew community or else I would be stuck with just an okay phone. I love the OS and its potential, but I just don't think the Pre is fully there yet. I hope they stick around long enough to work out the kinks and release a better device next year, but for now, I'll admit that I'm disappointed by a few things. I won't bore you all with the list of complaints that everyone else probably has, but I'll stick with the pre and hope that Palm brings more updates soon that speed up this phone and brings better features so the Pre finally can be the phone I initially bragged about.

PS-I don't remember who said it, but it is embarrassing to take pics with this phone if you want to show the picture to someone else. The delay is deafening.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    agree lag lag lag, i thought i tapped that app where is it maybe ill tap it again..............
    Quote Originally Posted by azack View Post
    agree lag lag lag, i thought i tapped that app where is it maybe ill tap it again..............
    Yea, 1.2 seems to do that a lot. Click on something and it lights up like it's launching only to find it did nothing. Tap it again.

(Best bug not fixed yet is still the call answer bug, if you flick the green answer call button hard enough it flies into the corner of the screen and get stuck, usually it won't become unstuck till the call is missed).

Compared to all the other phones it's still my favorite even with the random lag.
  12.    #32  
    Update from the OP:

1) My power button just died. I thought I had a (near) perfect Pre from day one, but not so. And this is why Sprint is just bad at customer service. BAD. I called CS and they insisted the only way to get a refurb under warranty was to take it into a repair center. (T-Mobile would simply overnight/2-day you a new one over the phone). Then, when I go there, I'm told to wait 2 hours (in the middle of the day, mind you). I come back, they "fixed" it by popping it off and putting it back on. Sure, it seemed fixed, but now it only registered about half the time.

Now the fun begins. I wanted to avoid going back to the store since it's 10 miles away and in traffic that's easily 30 minutes+ each way. I called the store at least 15-20x, but no one ever picks up and the Sprint automation hangs you up after a few minutes. What's more, no other store could (or would) pull up the ticket for bringing in the phone at the first store, and I would have to do it all over again at their own store. Only after maybe about calling 25x did I finally get through once to a live human to get my new phone ordered. That's just a sad, sad experience. All when they are not even allowed to service Pres in the first place.

2) I just got a Touchstone. Now maybe it's placebo effect, not sure...but putting it on the Touchstone (or at least charging it, since I do it more often now) seems to make the phone snappier. Not sure if there's some kind of background garbage collection that happens or anything, but just my $0.02.

And in comparison to the iPhone (or any other phone) or not...I don't care if they are faster. I just want my Pre to be fast enough to not have to wait multiple seconds between tasks.

Update: Sprint just called to tell me my phone is here. The refurb fun begins! From reading all the stories on here I wonder how long it will take to get a perfect, working Pre again... *sigh*
    i think thechances of you getting a "perfect" (no defects) pre is pretty good now. I went through 3 since launch. Have had my last one for a long time now.. but ell the new ones ive personally seem have no dfects.
    Lag,lag, lag... How true... (I know it's so sad.)

At this point, I'm just waiting for a decent android phone to come out on Sprint so I can switch phone...

Pre seemed so promising..... then.....

I just can't stand waiting forever to read my emails or open up calendar events...
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont know about u guys....but my pre is fast as hell....as fast as can be...maybe u could doctor ur phone?
    +1

Not only is my PRE fast as hell but the battery life on my device is awesome. I easily get a full day with heavy use! One time I was at 60ish% after an entire day of use so I decided to not even put it on the charger over the night. Woke up the next day and was able to use it for a good portion.

Love it. So glad I switched to Sprint. Great service, great device! My girlfriend and I are completely happy with our PREs.

I also just put Preware on my phone. That opened up a whole new box of fun. Responsive Keyboard! Landscape mode on both e-mail and texting now. So GREAT!

Sorry you all are having a lousy time with it.
    im not having a lousy time at all.. its a great phone. i jsut figure when i pay for something every month i should be 100% happy. im sure this phone 100% suits people, but for me I dont think it is anymore. I'm debating iphone or droid... idk. Maybe I should play around with a HERO. I hate to pay term. fees and stuff... and I bet if I call sprint and tell them how unappy I am, maybe I can get a better deal on a hero, IDK. Not sure that that would be the phone for me though either, but have not seen one in person.

now that you've installed preware, let us know how things progress. after you install some patches and some homebrew apps and stuff.

I've got quite a few on mine, and I do wonder if maybe that is hindering its performance. However I absolutely do not want to wipe it and start over. Let us know if it seems to slow yours down (no offense to any devs that took part in tweaks/mods/apps/etc). I just wonder if maybe that is part of the reason.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazikev24 View Post

It just... died... o2 claims that sales have been fantastic but I've never seen one, nobody is talking about it, there is no buzz...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I have the same exact feeling.
    WebOS doesn't seem to be going many places. A while ago I was hyped for all the things going on like themes and apps and patches... but now it's wearing off because I feel like we're limited.

Battery is okay (now that I'm in an area with good coverage). I love Sprint and I do like Palm (gotta love underdogs), but I just am not satisfied with this phone. I can't return it either, so eh.

The worst part...
    I'm just entering college so I'm meeting new people all the time.
    You know what sucks? Telling others to wait while my contacts card loads so I can add them to my contacts...
    OR when I want to have lunch with them and it takes ages to not only open the calendar, but also to make an event.
    Twenty- Well, I've had tweaks and patches on my phone for almost a week now! So I have about a week worth of experience with them on my phone. Here's my piece of mind.

The tweaks/patches I have are as follows...
    -I enabled adding/deleting card/launcher windows or whatever. I have an extra launcher window added.
    -Virtual Keyboard.
    -Landscape E-mail
    -Landscape text messaging
    -Landscape PDF viewer
    -Unhide Dev Mode Icon

Those are the 6 patches I have.

I did install a Theme or two. This is where I believe I experienced a little problem. When I installed a theme it seemed like it made my reception funky. Like I wasn't getting full bars like I normally do. I had the Left 4 Dead theme on my phone and at a buddies house which is a block away from mine... I was in 1x mode for a while. Not sure why this happened. But, I uninstalled the theme and was back to my default and I get full bars.

That's the only weirdness I experienced with Preware. Everything else is great. Fast phone, great battery life, etc.

Discuss!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I have the same exact feeling.
    WebOS doesn't seem to be going many places. A while ago I was hyped for all the things going on like themes and apps and patches... but now it's wearing off because I feel like we're limited.

Battery is okay (now that I'm in an area with good coverage). I love Sprint and I do like Palm (gotta love underdogs), but I just am not satisfied with this phone. I can't return it either, so eh.

The worst part...
    I'm just entering college so I'm meeting new people all the time.
    You know what sucks? Telling others to wait while my contacts card loads so I can add them to my contacts...
    OR when I want to have lunch with them and it takes ages to not only open the calendar, but also to make an event.
    open pre type # it will ask to save az new contact
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast