Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    from cardview, it brings the card next to your current card into focus with just one swipe!

it's basically a downward diagonal gesture starting on the screen, and ending in the gesture area.

from card view, if you swipe starting on the side of the screen of card you want to bring into focus, and end up in the gesture area on the opposite side of where you started, it will bring that card into focus.

video of it in action!

you don't actually have to start as far over as I did in the video (I was trying to exaggerate for the demonstration), you can start closer to the center. it's kind of fun, and I haven't noticed anyone else taking abotu this gesture.

go ahead and give it a shot!
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    from cardview, it brings the card next to your current card into focus with just one swipe!

it's basically a downward diagonal gesture starting on the screen, and ending in the gesture area.

from card view, if you swipe starting on the side of the screen of card you want to bring into focus, and end up in the gesture area on the opposite side of where you started, it will bring that card into focus.

video of it in action!

you don't actually have to start as far over as I did in the video (I was trying to exaggerate for the demonstration), you can start closer to the center. it's kind of fun, and I haven't noticed anyone else taking abotu this gesture.

I sort of already knew that you could swipe down on a card that's in view to open the application, but never really thought of doing the diagonal swipe with a card that's not in view.

I'll appreciate that discovery.
    Awesome! I just shared this on Twitter!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    wow i actually knew about this first before i knew i could actually click the button
    I've done this once before... late at night and concluded that I was dreaming because I couldn't duplicate it again.

Thanks.
    Yeah, I can't get it to work consistently enough to be useful, but thanks.
    Nice find, thanks
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post

video of it in action!

In essence all you are doing is swiping the next card more into view and gesturing down for those having difficulty, im sure many have known about this but didnt see it worth it to post, but kudos for being the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    In essence all you are doing is swiping the next card more into view and gesturing down for those having difficulty, im sure many have known about this but didnt see it worth it to post, but kudos for being the first.
    yeah thanks for nothing! like this guy pointed out! i knew that way long ago thanks for taking credit for it! everyone knew about it anyways! HA! jk i wanted to be like smkout! good find brother dont listen to this guy.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I can't get it to work
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I just experimented w/ this for quite some time...I'm concluding that the gesture actually is an all-in-one in one movement that's more of a "right angle" gesture rather than a diagnol. If you pull the card from either side then swipe down once you get about half-way across the screen, you can get this to replicate 100%. Not trying to get too technical about it but just wanted to express my understanding of the great find the author has stumbled upon. After doing what I've described over and over again - it actually seems very natural. Might become my next Pre-habit lol!
    You csn also tap to the left/right of the card in focus to bring the card to the side in focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Ah ha... and did you know you can also swipe away the card(s) to the side of the one showing? Touch the same area you in this demo but instead of going diagonal down, swipe straight up.

(ya ya, its come to these silly little tricks to discuss. Needin some video or flash player or something new and big to discuss...)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusttee View Post
    I just experimented w/ this for quite some time...I'm concluding that the gesture actually is an all-in-one in one movement that's more of a "right angle" gesture rather than a diagnol. If you pull the card from either side then swipe down once you get about half-way across the screen, you can get this to replicate 100%. Not trying to get too technical about it but just wanted to express my understanding of the great find the author has stumbled upon. After doing what I've described over and over again - it actually seems very natural. Might become my next Pre-habit lol!
    yeah, I was messing with that too.
    I have, however, noticed something quite interesting. I believe it is actually a diagonal gesture though.

try this:

with 3 or more cards open, starting on a middle card, begin to do a normal swipe to the right to change to the card on the left. go ahead and continue to move enough so that the card on the right is no longer visible. then end the swipe with a diagonal down to the left, but not so far to the left as to be on the left side of the button.

for me, this will bring to focus the card that was originally to the right. (it looks weird. I will post a video in a minute.)

this suggests that the ending of that move (a diagonal down towards the left) determined the result of the gesture, which was to show the card on the right, even though that card is no longer on the screen.

video:
    Last edited by pomokey; 10/24/2009 at 01:55 AM.
    @pomokey very weird gesture and hard to really see using but it does work nonetheless.

Another need trick is that in card view instead of swiping you can just press and hold onto the next card and it will scroll in that direction for you.
    not consistent enough to be useful,easier to just swipe up or use the button
    Not sure if you guys know this one:

Open 3 or more cards. Gesture until all cards are on the right side (except the last one of course). Now, touch and hold the card you barely see on the right. If you hold your finger there, it will cycle through the cards shifting them to the left.

This is much faster than swiping.
    Last edited by cagefighter; 10/27/2009 at 01:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I can't get it to work consistently enough to be useful, but thanks.
    i thought this at first too but playing around i found a very simple way to do this.

make a quick "C" (or backwards "C") starting on the current card and ending in the gesture area. this will consistently maximize the off screen card you want.

its easier to do (at least for me) then having to target the corner of the off screen card.
    The video is private now.
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    The video is private now.
    why?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast