Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yea the press to hold speed dial is certainly buggy. I seem to have more consistent success with pressing the letter normally, then pressing the return key.
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    All of these apps being mentioned and people leaving cards open is ridiculous. Nothing is better than either hitting a button when the slider is open or hitting a number when the slider is closed. I shouldn't have to go to a card then tap something. I shouldn't have to put icons on my launcher (which you still have to get to and find, when I know what key and where the key is when I use the native speed dial) pages use speed dial.
    Not "ridiculous" in the least ... I think the speed dial apps are *way* better than using a telephone keypad speed dial. Your comparison assumes that you have the phone card open ... you have to open some card (or leave one open) to make a phone call ... why not a speed dial app? Hard to understand that remembering "2" is Aunt Millie is somehow better than tapping a button that says "Aunt Millie" (or her picture)?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jzgze View Post
    ooohh how i want to love the damn photo dialer, but how it lags sooooo...=)

same with quick contacts. =(
    Yay! Another workaround for a flawed product. While I appreciate your suggestion, it shows little regard for the convenience that Speed Dial is SUPPOSED to provide the user. I find photo dialer useless.
    I agree that the speed dial is buggy but far from being a "joke". About 10% of the time, holding a speed dial number doesn't actual speed dial someone, but all it takes is deleting the number that was entered and trying again. Never had to try more than twice.

That being said, my suggestion for a speed dial enhancement would be to have the name of the contact within the dialer, like in my lame photoshop below. This would help greatly since I don't always know who I set for a specific speed dial number.

Wooooooo....wouldn't it be nice if the actual contact pic is in the background of the individual number square?? [drool]

Quote Originally Posted by 2jzgze View Post
    ooohh how i want to love the damn photo dialer, but how it lags sooooo...=)

same with quick contacts. =(
    The entire OS lags. Not just the apps. Quite frustrating.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I don't get the phone dialer thing, all of them I've read about it sounds like the phone already does the same thing by putting contacts on the launcher. I don't have any problems with dialing from the launcher. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    I don't get the phone dialer thing, all of them I've read about it sounds like the phone already does the same thing by putting contacts on the launcher. I don't have any problems with dialing from the launcher. Am I missing something?
    I think it's mostly just question of cluttering your launcher pages with contacts (although I believe there is a patch to add launcher pages). For me it's just nice to have my top-10 contacts in an easy-to-see organized list, with just a single tap to start dialing. Launcher page means you have find the page/contact, tap to launch the contact card, find/tap the number (or text icon). Not a big deal, but much harder to do while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    The entire OS lags. Not just the apps. Quite frustrating.
    I don't know what phone you are using, but I have no lag in mine, also my photodialer works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I don't know what phone you are using, but I have no lag in mine, also my photodialer works great.
    He's using the Palm Pre. The really cool phone with a really cool OS that lags really bad
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Not "ridiculous" in the least ... I think the speed dial apps are *way* better than using a telephone keypad speed dial. Your comparison assumes that you have the phone card open ... you have to open some card (or leave one open) to make a phone call ... why not a speed dial app? Hard to understand that remembering "2" is Aunt Millie is somehow better than tapping a button that says "Aunt Millie" (or her picture)?
    But if you use the physical keypad (with the phone open, obviously), then you don't need any cards open. You just have to hold the button down.

This is one of my biggest complaints about this phone. I agree 100% with the OP. This needs to be fixed. I love the Pre, but I hate the "phone" part of it. How weird is that?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post

I used to have my contacts on a launcher page but I'd always place the phone up to my ear because I forgot that I had to press the person's number after tapping their image. Launchpoint has an auto dial of a preferred number after a set (customizable) amount of seconds. If you want to sms, email, or call a different line you just tap the icon before it dials. It works quite well. Much better than placing icons from your contact book into the launcher.
    How hard would it be to put one touch speed dials underneath the stock dialer? Hit the phone icon and flick up to bring up speed dials.

I picked up Speed Dial Plus for a $1 and replaced it with contacts in the Launcher. Would be nice to see that integrated below the stock dialer though.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12