Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Could you please tell us Pre wannabes a few things about Sprint's distribution pattern to various outlets--

(1) Where you bought it? (Sprint Corp Store, Sprint Agent Store, Sprint Telesales, BestBuy, RadioShack, Amazon, Let's Talk, Wirefly, etc.)
    (2) What day did you buy it?
    (3) What version of WebOS came with it?
    (4) What was the build date? **
    NEW: (5) Any build issues, if possible?

** I do believe the build date is found by looking at the warranty date after going to your phone's dial pad and typing ##786#

If one wants a Pre from the freshest batch, are there any 3rd party stores/sites that can keep up directly with Sprint Corp Stores and Sprint Telesales? Maybe even Telesales is still sending out old batches. I read a guy say he had one with a build date of 10/7 and it's flawless for him... no uneven backlight, no wobble, etc.

Thanks a lot!!
    Bought mine from Sprint online.

Purchased Oct 11.

Came with 1.1.

Build date 9/24/09

Build issues: Slight oreo wiggle, not enough to warrant returning the phone. Slight backlight unevenness.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    5 days back at sams club, 1.1 software, no oreo or dead pixels
    You forgot the most important part! The warranty (manufacture) date by hitting ##786# at the dial pad.

Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    ... battery life is weird GOD ... btw all radios off screen brightness at almost totally low, no cards open no calls, just a few text, all email set to manual....i DONT understand this yet there are maybe a hand full of users getting amazing battery life with full brightness auto checking email wifi on gps on....tons of calls n text....id do anything to get one of those phones
    The battery life should improve. It's important to break li-ion batteries in with a specific manner, tho. You're supposed to fully charge them to 100% and then fully discharge them to 0%. And yes, I mean 0%. This is part of the break-in process with this type of chemical.. nimh has its own break-in but I forget it because li-ion have been around for A LONG time now I don't buy anything else (excluding car). Repeat the full charge to full discharge another two times!! AND THEN keep it topped off as much as possible. That means [after break-in, of course] if you're somewhere where a Touchstone is, and you're not using it... it'd behoove you to charge the mother.
    sorry my warranty date is 9/13/0v but my friend got a phone last night from best buy with warranty date of July lol so that solely depends on inventory turnover...I'm surprised a few folks are getting amazing battery wiith Japan cell...I don't get that
  4.    #24  
    Thanks!! Since Walmart & Sams jumped into the Pre game later than RS & BB, it makes sense that "Walton Enterprises" would have fresher Pres. I'd expect Amazon to sell even fresher Pres than that, tho. They seem like they go out of stock every other week, so they're probly on par with Sprint Telesales. I think it'd be very difficult to find a RS or BB with a Pre that has a warranty date newer than July. I'm sure it'll happen someday, but I wouldn't expect that for another month or two.

I think I'm gonna go with Telesales or Amazon. Perhaps I'll flip a coin tomorrow.

Of course, more data points are certainly encouraged so we can really understand Sprint's distribution pattern. Third party stores/sites are ESPECIALLY encouraged.
    Well, I'll buck the trend of Brick & Mortar I guess.

LetsTalk.com
    Bought 10/8/09
    Build/Warranty Date 7/24/2009

No build issues- no oreo, light leakage. Menu button feels solid. Hugely loving my Pre so far.

Can't remember what webOS version came standard though... I updated to 1.2.1 immediately after I got it. It was a white-and-yellow-boxed, sunset Pre, if it helps at all.
  6.    #26  
    Any more??

I just ordered from Telesales since I'd already had them run a credit check on me before. Amazon couldn't use that Sprint Application Number as a reference; they'd have to run my credit check again, since their entire system is completely automated. $250 - $100 MIR - $50 service credit = $100 with free activation and free next day air. I pay a bit more upfront, but it's good for Sprint, and hopefully it'll be good for me too, and I'll get a Pre built this month.
    post when you find out the build date please??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    i just got my 3rd pre today.the first one had deap pixels. the second one crack screen . the warranty date code 6/03/09 from the phone i got today.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBrim View Post
    Build date 9/24/09
    Build issues: ... Slight backlight unevenness.
    Interesting. Can you make sure that your phone is new and not a refurb? I was under the impression that they solved the uneven backlight problem early in their manufacturing history. Your Pre seems to indicate that it (at least sometimes) still exists.

EDIT: Note: I think the warranty date remains the same after refurb, so you can ignore my question about whether it's a refurb or not.

Maybe this means that they solve the problem "the stupid" way: by manually inspecting phones at the end and rejecting units with uneven backlights.
    Last edited by sudoer; 10/27/2009 at 07:20 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Any more??

I just ordered from Telesales since I'd already had them run a credit check on me before. Amazon couldn't use that Sprint Application Number as a reference; they'd have to run my credit check again, since their entire system is completely automated. $250 - $100 MIR - $50 service credit = $100 with free activation and free next day air. I pay a bit more upfront, but it's good for Sprint, and hopefully it'll be good for me too, and I'll get a Pre built this month.
    I think for shipped sales, you use the packing slip (rather than a sales receipt) when sending in the rebate. Call and check to make sure you do it right. The rebates usually happen quicker than they say they will.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    post when you find out the build date please??
    Of course I will. Can't wait!!

I still think Amazon will have VERY fresh batches of Pres since they were outta stock for the last half of last week. I would've ordered from Amazon if they wouldn't have had to run a credit check again. There's a benefit to ordering from Amazon -- you up the Pre's rankings so that the diffusion of Pres and WebOS takes place at an even quicker rate...

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #87 in Cell Phones & Service (See Bestsellers in Cell Phones & Service)

Popular in these categories: (What's this?)
    #1 in Cell Phones & Service > Cell Phones with Service > Bluetooth
    #1 in Cell Phones & Service > Cell Phones with Service > Smartphone & PDA
    #1 in Cell Phones & Service > Cell Phones with Service > Mobile Broadband
    Not bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I think for shipped sales, you use the packing slip (rather than a sales receipt) when sending in the rebate. Call and check to make sure you do it right. The rebates usually happen quicker than they say they will.
    Hah... I'm pretty patient and meticulous, so I don't think the rebate will be a problem. I've heard that it's as painless as can be and quicker than expected... so shouldn't be much to worry about.
    Could you please tell us Pre wannabes a few things about Sprint's distribution pattern to various outlets--

(1) Where you bought it? (Sprint Corp Store, Sprint Agent Store, Sprint Telesales, BestBuy, RadioShack, Amazon, Let's Talk, Wirefly, etc.)
    (4) What was the build date? **

** I do believe the build date is found by looking at the warranty date after going to your phone's dial pad and typing ##786#

If one wants a Pre from the freshest batch, are there any 3rd party stores/sites that can keep up directly with Sprint Corp Stores and Sprint Telesales? Maybe even Telesales is still sending out old batches. I read a guy say he had one with a build date of 10/7 and it's flawless for him... no uneven backlight, no wobble, etc.

Thanks a lot!!
    1. Sprint Ready-now store in carousel mall in syracuse, ny
    2. Wed Oct 21st, 2009
    3. Version 1.2 came with it I believe. I did have to update
    4. Build date is 09/15/2009

I have no wobble, great build quality unless I force it to shift. I have only had it a week though
    (1) Where you bought it?
    sprint telesales
    (2) What day did you buy it
    08/13/2009
    (4) What was the build date?
    07/28/09
    slight oreo

patches installed:
    add date at top
    audio/video attachments in txt
    charging alert vibrate only
    default month view
    enable LED
    Multi mod
    virtual keyboard
    MyTether 1.5
    custom theme

All in all, SOLID phone. LOVE IT, no complaints. just bought a 2nd one for my son.
    1. Sprint Store
    2. 9/28/2009
    3. 1.1.? - It was up to date with updates because I tried to do the update 1st thing and the phone reported it was up to date. 1.2 came out a few days later.
    4. 8/18/09

Only issue was with the phone shutting down when I would close the slider (started happening after I put the touchstone back on - which I removed the battery just to look at it at the same time). Figured the battery was probably a little loose so I slide some paper in between the case and the battery and have had no problems since. Slight twist, but nothing that bothers me.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    (1) Where you bought it? Care/Telesales, after I requested to return my Hero.
    (2) What day did you buy it? Monday, 10/26 and it arrived Tuesday, 10/27
    (3) What version of WebOS came with it? I didn't remember to check, but it did require an update.
    (4) What was the build date? 10/08/09
    NEW: (5) Any build issues, if possible? None so far. Build quality was one of my concerns prior to ordering, but I am pleased with the device I received. It feels solid and screams quality.
    (1) Where you bought it? Enterprise Order via Sprint Employee Advantage
    (2) What day did you buy it? 10/26/09
    (3) What version of WebOS came with it? 1.1.0
    (4) What was the build date? 10/8/2009
    (5) Any build issues, if possible? No Dead Pixels, insignificant wiggle (no oreo!), no light leakage (its daytime though)
    (1) Where you bought it? Waterford Lakes (Orlando) FL
    (2) What day did you buy it? Today 28 Oct 09
    (3) What version of WebOS came with it? 1.1.0
    (4) What was the build date? 26 Sep 09
    (5) Any build issues, if possible? All is perfect so far.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    activated my pre and wife's on 10-22-09
    warranty date on one was 10-07-09-other one was 10-08-09. Got phones from Sprint online. 2 days shipping, no activ. fee, $25 disc. on each phone, free shipping. No problem with either phone.
    We really like them so far
    Web os 1.1- updated as soon as we got them to 1.2.1
    Last edited by drich; 10/28/2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: forgot a line
  19.    #39  
    (1) Where you bought it?
    - Sprint Telesales

- 2 nights ago, shipped yesterday, received today

(4) What was the build date?
    - 10/08

(5) Any build issues, if possible?
    - Not a one. The speaker still kinda disappoints me (I'll probly keep it one notch below max so it doesn't blow out like others' have done), but, luckily, I'm a headphone kinda guy. I can definitely tell the slider's gonna last. Really, the only thing I'm TRULY disappointed in is the usb port cover. This device feels GREAT in my hands, no matter which way I hold it. I'm glad Palm didn't lose those roots of making the device the right size, form factor (tho a d-pad thrown in there would've been nice), & feel. That is very important to me. And I love the case that comes with it. VERY NICE!!

Played around with 1.1.0 for a minute to see how fast things speed up with the 1.2.1 update, which is installing right now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12