Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Which are PRO & CONS?

What works and what not?
    For me everything works but the App Catalog.
    There are much less apps that in the 1.1.3 catalog.

But the bug fixes and improvements from 1.1.3 to 1.2.1 are worthy to me.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    and GSM radio is ok?
    How did you installed it? with webos doctor?
    But you lost your settings?
    I did it with Webos Doctor. Straight Forward
    GSM radio works, as well as 3G.

Regarding the settings, not sure how to answer to that question as it was one of the first things that i did to my device.
    I'll give it a go tomorrow and report back. I'm too tired to fix everything tonight.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Ok. Thank you. I will await for your report....
    What?! You're telling me a sprint 1.2.1 firmware workd on an EU Pre? That can't be right =/. Unless support for the GSM radio was in the firmware, as well as carrier network settings (which I suppose could be manually entered into the config file but yeah).

Report back, I'm really curious =P
    I have a german Pre with 1.2.1 firmware working without problem in Switzerland with Orange Sim. 3G works.
    I even tether everyday without issues
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    is there any gain in battery duration between 1.1.3 and 1.2.1?
    don't know. As I said, I did it at the beginning. I don't have any reference
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    What?! You're telling me a sprint 1.2.1 firmware workd on an EU Pre? That can't be right =/. Unless support for the GSM radio was in the firmware, as well as carrier network settings (which I suppose could be manually entered into the config file but yeah).
    Support for both GSM and CDMA firmware is in all webOS Doctor versions (it checks the modem type, and flashes the correct type of firmware), as are the carrier network settings.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Support for both GSM and CDMA firmware is in all webOS Doctor versions (it checks the modem type, and flashes the correct type of firmware), as are the carrier network settings.

-- Rod
    Thanks for that, so by that logic, why have we been complaining of not having the 1.2.1 update and thus not having all the patches etc when a simple reflash with the sprint webOSDoctor would suffice?

Would i be able to get 1.2.1 update on my EU Pre on O2 with current 1.1.3 firmware with minimal complications?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    it seems so. BTW I have italian language and have to set english language to use 1.2.1.
    Also there is the app store problem.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    what are differences between sprint and bell firmwares?
    Works well on German GSM. The only thing I've found is the shortcut for "Umlauts" gives not the german Umlauts, (shortcut: <sym key> letter <sym key>.
    so how do i get 1.2.1 then? and would i lose all my contacts music etc etc
    UK PRE USER
    I'm moving everthing downstairs then I will give it a go.

im doing it now just got rid of dont care,emulator doctor+installer DL sprint version (do not DL from palm website as it asks for serial do it through links in themes/homebrew section) will post back soon.
    Last edited by stevee10001; 10/24/2009 at 12:23 PM.
    UK PRE USER
    I'm right behind you.

Now running 1.2.1 it took nearly as long to load up profile than it did to docter it haha but i am officaily running 1.2.1 gona get preware now and get virtual keyboard etc etc thanks precentral!!
    UK PRE USER
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast