Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    After I successful flash my GSM Pre to 1.2.1, and then Pre ask me to sign in the My Profile, I enter the email and password, but found that it said Sign In Failed, I can see there is my carrier and 3G signal, before I ask my Germany friend to activate for me, so what can I do now, by the way I am living in HK.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    hi there. Ive just done this by mistake, thought I was using the 1.1.3 webdoctor. One concern I have with this is, will this cause any unnecessary data charges with o2 as the phone will have different settings?
    The reason I ask this is I had the wrong bolt on recently when I had a blackberry and I got charged nearly 100 in data charges (thank god it was their fault!)
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhklee View Post
    After I successful flash my GSM Pre to 1.2.1, and then Pre ask me to sign in the My Profile, I enter the email and password, but found that it said Sign In Failed, I can see there is my carrier and 3G signal, before I ask my Germany friend to activate for me, so what can I do now, by the way I am living in HK.
    If the 3G symbol is there, you should be able to activate. As I read it, you flashed the palm Pre unmodified 1.2.1 Sprint version.
    I'd suggest to try to create a new account. If that works, you previous account password/email combo is wrong: perhaps the switched Z and Y keys are causing this?
    Myself I have installed the metadoctor sprint version on my German Pre. That allows one to activate over WiFi. see: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhklee View Post
    for what its worth when I did this I was able to sing into my profile without issues, im in the uk on o2 though. It did take a very long time but this is the norm
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispazz View Post
    my catalog is not working. It says that app catalog is temporary out of service....
    i have the same problem with a Pre GSM and Sprint firmware..
    but webos 1.2.1 it's better than 1.1.3
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I pasted this into another thread but worth putting in here

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ges-found.html

the alarm bug has alarm bells ringing with me (no pun intended) this could have caused me to sleep in for work as my phone is my alarm clock
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Ok, I have installed some apps when I was 1.1.3.
    I updated to 1.2.1 and with palm profile my PIM was restored with the apps I downloaded from catalog.

Now I have no more access to app catalog (catalog is unavailable, try again later) and I don't know how to uninstall those applications.
    I have installed Accuwather that seems to drain battery (it updates via internet) also when app is closed.

How can I uninstall it not having access to palm app catalog?
    I am using germany pre in HK too, just like you. You need to use smartone sim card to activate the phone (other carrier like csl will show 3G signal, but won't let you connect / activate it). After finishing with activation, you could switch to CSL (that's what I use) and it will work normally.
    @chrispazz: Did you try the red Button pressed and fingertipp onto the App? Should ask for remove.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    @chrispazz: Did you try the red Button pressed and fingertipp onto the App? Should ask for remove.
    It worked! Thank you very much!
    Does anyone have a copy of the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 from 1.2.1 that could have to compare against the 1.1.3 version please?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 from 1.2.1 that could have to compare against the 1.1.3 version please?
    Just extract it from the 1.2.1 webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just extract it from the 1.2.1 webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    Oooh. How?
    Or read the thread where it's already been done ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...n-1-21-us.html
    hello all,

I have just installed 1.2.1 on my GSM PRE, It has installed rebooted and it is in the screen which says Restoring my backed up data and applications from palm profile. Its been there for 5 minutes now !

How long will this take ? Is there any way to come out of this, like creating a new profile or so ?

Thanks in advance,
    Chander
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chander View Post
    hello all,

I have just installed 1.2.1 on my GSM PRE, It has installed rebooted and it is in the screen which says Restoring my backed up data and applications from palm profile. Its been there for 5 minutes now !

How long will this take ? Is there any way to come out of this, like creating a new profile or so ?

Thanks in advance,
    Chander
    stick with it bud, took me about 15 minutes one time I did it
    Thanx diggedy ,

Took me 25 minutes ! But finally its over and I am enjoying for the first time the freedom of 1.2.1
    Chander !
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Wow that was painful. I had to delete and recreate all my email accounts - but wow how many patches!

Is it possible to remove the sprint and sprint navigation icons from the launcher?

EDIT: Flashed it back - what utter tripe! Photo app was a mess!
    Last edited by robdos; 11/13/2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Changed Mind
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234