Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_freegan View Post
    A long shot, but does Sprint Navigation work in the UK? And is it pay-per-day?
    Doesn't work in the UK.
    Oh I would love proper Sat Nav. Without a compass to orientate it like in iPhone, or any voice guidance, google maps isn't that friendly for driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_freegan View Post
    Oh I would love proper Sat Nav. Without a compass to orientate it like in iPhone, or any voice guidance, google maps isn't that friendly for driving.
    The problem with developing a navigation app for Pre is that the Sprint version is, by all accounts, quite good and also completely free with the phone. That means all the impetus for creating a nav app needs to come from markets that don't have Sprint (Canada and Europe) and the phone hasn't really been out long enough here to force developers to hurry one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    The problem with developing a navigation app for Pre is that the Sprint version is, by all accounts, quite good and also completely free with the phone. That means all the impetus for creating a nav app needs to come from markets that don't have Sprint (Canada and Europe) and the phone hasn't really been out long enough here to force developers to hurry one out.
    Tom Tom or someone else hopefully would offer a solution since I wanna ditch my currect Tom Tom and use a single device in my car. However I think Sprint could offer their solution with European maps. Is anyone from Sprint reading this?

Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Is anyone from Sprint reading this?
    No.

They're an American wireless company and don't really have any incentive to offer European maps, that being more the realm of mobile navigation companies like Tom Tom.

I'd say there'll be a WebOS port of a Tom Tom or similar product eventually and you could then download a European map pack for that, depends on how much noise the Pre starts making over here, but it will probably be quite pricey if the iPhone's Tom Tom app price point is anything to go by.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi!

If someone wants to get back to 1.1.3 on his GSM Pre -> here we go -> http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/p113r...p100eww-wr.jar

And again the direct link to the Sprint 1.2.1 -> http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/p121r...0ewwsprint.jar

Downgrade works like a charm too. My GSM Pre was on Sprint 1.2.1 and I decided to bring it back to 1.1.3. Everything works fine.

Greetings
    plant
    Quote Originally Posted by plantagoo View Post
    If someone wants to get back to 1.1.3 on his GSM Pre -> here we go -> http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/p113r...p100eww-wr.jar

And again the direct link to the Sprint 1.2.1 -> http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/p121r...0ewwsprint.jar
    BTW, all these links are kept on Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals - if you find a different md5sum on any download, please add it to the table with the corresponding version and carrier information. Please do not duplicate entries that have the same md5sum.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    @shadavis08
    Yes mine catalog shows only 23 apps. But since we only can see free apps it's no problem and there is preware thanks god.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    my catalog is not working. It says that app catalog is temporary out of service....
    still 23, just checked sgain from Berlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Time do start tweaking and removing the Sprint dross from the Pre.
    do you have any tips for that?
    does anyone know what kind of issues this can/will cause when future updates are released by palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
    does anyone know what kind of issues this can/will cause when future updates are released by palm?
    Anyone who does any of this stuff should be prepared to use the webOS Doctor in the future.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Many say that around 15th November version 1.3 will be made Internationally available, is it really worth the hassle to install 1.2.1 now?
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Many say that around 15th November version 1.3 will be made Internationally available, is it really worth the hassle to install 1.2.1 now?
    depends... i upgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.2.1 two days ago and am extremely pleased that i did, now being able to easily tweak/patch the phone and install homebrew apps. yeah, it'll be a hassle to revert before upgrading again, but two weeks would have been a looong time to wait with the device i initially had. i was on the verge of taking it back to o2 but now i'm getting a much better impression of it.
    Just had to say thanks to everyone after getting 1.2.1 installed on my UK Pre, and Homebrew opened up. Apart from that wierd App Store problem, it's a big improvement, swapping between cards especially is far smoother, and looks like battery life is better.
    Waiting impatiently for 1.3...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I got a problem, I just got a Germany unlock GSM Pre, and I have download the Sprint webOSDoctor (Build Sprint.11.172.09/30/09 01:03), then I double click it, and I choose English, and confirm it.
    After accepting the agreement, and click Next, there is checking system indicator, and loading about few sec, it shows the screen that

Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable.

Do not ..........this process

But the Next button is dimmed, I have waited at least 30mins ,nth happen, so anyone have suggestion what is happening?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    You have to connect the switched off phone holding "volume up" button.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chortya View Post
    It works, thanks alot
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chortya View Post

Should I hold the Volume up button for whole process?? because it stop loading when 10%, and the Pre screen show a big USB logo
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast