Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Did you use you original Palm profile?
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    yeahy i did thats were your contacts are stored be patient with it though

EDIT: Dl'ed the virtual keyboard just so i can have a look at it looks really nice only a couple of things i picked up on
    1: how the hell do you close it haha
    2 sometimes it refuses to type into certain text boxes only had that problem using igoogle search so far but still one hell of a nice peice of kit so happy i can use preware to its full potential now!!!
    3 back space doesnt work

obviously buggy but i imagine it took a hell of a lot of probramming so good effort
    UK PRE USER
    I was just checking. All of my contacts are saved in several places anyway so that would not have been an issue.

god i am happy i didnt get a iphone onscreen keyboards arnt for me...
    UK PRE USER
    you close the virtual keyboard the same way you open it, double tapping the gesture area.
    Sometimes, when i suffer the same behaviour of not beeing able to type in certain boxes, i just click the enter or try to close and open it again and it works.

But it's still buggy though
    yeh i guessed double tapping but it hasnt worked so far for me i have to close cards! oh well better than nothing not that i will use it much tbh could someone link me to how i get msn IM client
    UK PRE USER
    Time do start tweaking and removing the Sprint dross from the Pre.

Can someone help out with where i can get the Sprint WebOS doctor downloaded from? If i go to Palm, they ask for the serial number, and i can't get the download.

If you do go ahead with this you need to remember that it will change certain things on your Pre and you can only fix some of them. First of all it will obviously default your region and language settings to the US. You can change the region later under regional settings but your language options are only English (US) or Spanish. In your contacts it will add some Sprint support numbers but you can easily delete them. In your launcher it will add a variety of Sprint apps and Amazon MP3. You can tweak most of these to make them hidden but you will still have Sprint (launches the Sprint web homepage), Sprint Navigation and Amazon MP3. Aside from from that everything else works as you would expect with all of the added benefits of webOS 1.2.1 and a full array of tweaks.

Quick question....
    Where can I find the Sprint firmware and are there any special instructions I need to follow?

Thanks
    Vas
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thank you very much rwhitby.
    Is it safe to assume that http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/p121r...0ewwsprint.jar is the latest version containing 1.2.1?

I mean the jar file is called 1.0.0 but there is no link for the 1.2.1 jar file. The wiki page just mentions that it exists.
    i am now wondering if flashing my pre using uk docter back to 1.1.3 will work?
    Last edited by stevee10001; 10/25/2009 at 08:11 AM.
    UK PRE USER
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    i am now wondering if flashing my pre using uk docter back to 1.3.1 will work?
    My understanding is that it will work. Why do you want to flash back?

Cheers
    Vas
    just so when EU get 1.2.1 i can flashback with out any problems
    UK PRE USER
    You can doctor your Pre back when we get parity.

EDIT: Vas the link was two posts above you anyway.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    any hack for having app store working?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Support for both GSM and CDMA firmware is in all webOS Doctor versions (it checks the modem type, and flashes the correct type of firmware), as are the carrier network settings.

-- Rod
    hey rod whats up? anyways this person is having some difficulty can you see if you can help them out , i dont know whats up with their issue but they can only see like 23 apps in the catalog with gsm pre in germany with sprint 1.2.1 ,and they previously could see all the apps in there. just thinking you might be able to help them is all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...en-my-pre.html
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    If you do go ahead with this you need to remember that it will change certain things on your Pre and you can only fix some of them. First of all it will obviously default your region and language settings to the US. You can change the region later under regional settings but your language options are only English (US) or Spanish. In your contacts it will add some Sprint support numbers but you can easily delete them. In your launcher it will add a variety of Sprint apps and Amazon MP3. You can tweak most of these to make them hidden but you will still have Sprint (launches the Sprint web homepage), Sprint Navigation and Amazon MP3. Aside from from that everything else works as you would expect with all of the added benefits of webOS 1.2.1 and a full array of tweaks.
    A long shot, but does Sprint Navigation work in the UK? And is it pay-per-day?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast