1.    #1  
    I have a question that I cannot find an answer to. Why does the Homebrew section show an app count that is greater than what FileCoaster or PreWare shows/can be downloaded and installed?

For example, as of today, October 23, Homebrew is showing 277 available apps. When I log into FileCoaster or PreWare, it only shows available 241 apps. Where are the missing 36 apps?

Thanks.
    As some of the apps graduate to the official app catalog they get taken down from the homebrew feed.
    Does that mean old homebrew (before "graduating") won't have any means of installation for the community?? Or are they still usually left up on the forums?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I think some of the difference is due to apps that require a rooted Pre. They cannot be installed via FileCoaster or PreWare.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Its a mixture of some graduated paid apps & rooted apps that dont appear in file coaster or preware. There are still some apps that did graduated that are left for future beta test or a gift to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    I think some of the difference is due to apps that require a rooted Pre. They cannot be installed via FileCoaster or PreWare.
    Preware can install any known homebrew app, service, patch, theme or linux application.

Preware currently says:

Available Applications: 250
    Available Themes: 495
    Available Patches: 76
    Available Other (Services, Plugins, Optware): 23

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals