Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i would like to use a signature when texting and thought i could surely find a patch for that. is there a way to do it and i jus cant find it?
    I don't think there is... and FWIW, signatures in text messages kind of defeat the "clean, simple, and efficient" purpose of text messages.
    This is the second thread I recall seeing about this topic. Signature on your text messages...really?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    ......Again people kill me just because "you" don't use a feature doesn't mean me and others wanting it is "unfounded". Get a Clue I like touchscreen cell phones you like flip style cell phones, now who is to say one is "better" or "more found" than the other? I mean they "both" make phone calls right? LMAO..give me a break were all different and like/want different things. I for 1 like sig line in text! if You don't like it DONT USE IT
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I don't think there is... and FWIW, signatures in text messages kind of defeat the "clean, simple, and efficient" purpose of text messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    This is the second thread I recall seeing about this topic. Signature on your text messages...really?

Yes really and where is the SMS manual on how they should be used?????????????????????????????????
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    You don't need a manual for everything....

SMS has a 160 character limit. You want to limit that even further by including a signature in it?

It's not a matter of who will find something useful and who won't because almost everything is useful for someone.
    It's simply that there probably isn't enough time/resources for Palm to make 'useless' when there's other things that need fixin.
    SMS is, by it's very nature, a short message service. Meant for simple textual communication. Adding a signature to a SMS message is like adding a signature a Morse Code signal.....

Regardless of all that.....on the Pre I think the best way to add a signature to a SMS message would be via the auto correct dictionary patch. Add a word to that patch like sig or something and then when you type that and hit space the word would be replaced with your SMS Signature.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...tocorrect-edit

Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    Yes really and where is the SMS manual on how they should be used?????????????????????????????????
    Of course I still implore you to use e-mail when communication requires a signature.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/24/2009 at 12:04 PM.
    why do you need a signature for SMS, if you are sending to non contact just maybe identify yourself??
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Sigs can be used for different reasons I quote name saying, stats, etc various use for "various" people I don't use my cell camera cause I have a camera so should I make a mockery of people who want a camera cell phone> dead
    Who cares why the Op wants it..they want it. If you cant find one here and you really want it , make it yourself
    My HTC Evo Is Great...