Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hi,

as you may notice I'm a new Palm customer and in fact I'm a novice smartphone user too.

Nonetheless I wanna keep my Palm clean
    What's your strategy? I'm currently using a microfiber cloth without any "cream" or "lotion".

Thx alot for any suggestions

(sry for such a bad english)
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I use a soft microfiber cloth to clean mine.
    I just use windex to clean mine. It seems to work like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by espio View Post
    I use a soft microfiber cloth to clean mine.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Microfiber cloth. If my screen is greasy, I spray a little eyeglass cleaner on the cloth; it's very gentle.
    There is a spray called "Kleen Screen" that you can spray on a microfiber cloth and clean the screen with it. It works well on the Pre (originally got it for my laptop screen several years ago - works well on this, too).

You can also get a LensPen made for digital screens. One side has a soft brush to get dust off (works great to get the dust out of the Pre's phone speaker and between the keys on the Pre's keyboard) and then the other side has a special tip to get the oil and such off. It is very similar (if not exactly the same) to the LensPens for camera lenses. Oh - and there is also a teeny-tiny LensPen made just for cell phone camera lenses! They both work well (as do LensPens for camera lenses - I use them on all my DSLR lenses ... and I also use the digital screen one on my DSLR's LCD screen).
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I just wipe mine with a soft cotton cloth -- a handkerchief or T-shirt material works well.
    Spit-shine for mine! JJ
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orlando_c View Post
    I just use windex to clean mine. It seems to work like a charm.
    Windex with Ammonia on plastics is not a good idea.

There are few notebook screen cleaning wipes available. I Use the 3M branded ones, they come in individual wipe packs, perfect for cleaning laptop and pre.
    Qtip for the keyboard, shirt + ammonia free windex for the screen + Air compressor for the headphone jack, in between the halves so on so forth.
    Isopropyl alcohol on cotton gauze to clean & disinfect hasn't affected the adhesion of my screen protector yet.
    I just use the microfiber cloth that came with my glasses awhile ago. Once in awhile I'll use the solution and clean with it.
    I tie my Pre to a string and dunk it up and down in the blue toilet bowl water. Then flush to rinse. Then hang it over the bathtub to dry, next to my wifes sweaters, that she is drying.

14. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Isopropyl alcohol and a kleenex. Also kills germs, not bad idea with the flu going around..
    I use steel wool for the screen, and to clean the keyboard, I open my pre and submerge the keyboard in hydrochloric acid (make sure to swish it around a little), then dip it in some water, wipe dry and it's good to go!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    I use steel wool for the screen, and to clean the keyboard, I open my pre and submerge the keyboard in hydrochloric acid (make sure to swish it around a little), then dip it in some water, wipe dry and it's good to go!
    You should try 400 grit sandpaper, then follow it up with 1000 grit. Works great and keeps the fingerprints off.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Tape it to your windshield and go through a carwash.

Takes 2 weeks to dry out, but man is it clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    You should try 400 grit sandpaper, then follow it up with 1000 grit. Works great and keeps the fingerprints off.
    If I go that route, i use the 1000 grit. After you do that, you can't see ANY fingerprints! Not only does it get rid of the ones already there, but you will also never see another fingerprint on your pre again. It's a win-win.