1.    #1  
    I was noticing that google maps now has all the stores around my house labeled like peets coffee and smaller mom and pop stores. Im just curious if this was there before or if its new
    I don't see stores being labeled (unless I search for something). Got a screenshot?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I noticed the same thing. All the building on my campus are labeled, as well as hotels and other businesses in the area. I assumed it came with the bus-walking directions update.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i think the update was on google's side, but yes, that stuff started popping up when public transit/walking/driving directions came about
    Never noticed it until you mentioned it. All I need now is street view...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow53007 View Post
    Never noticed it until you mentioned it. All I need now is street view...
    ... and Latitude.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I don't see stores being labeled (unless I search for something). Got a screenshot?
    try satellite view thats where i saw the change
    This is definitely new to me.

Also, the text in satellite view is white with black outline. I swear it used to be different...like all white text?
    Its too bad we can't actually click on a map listing and have GMap give directions to there. Unless there's a way that I don't know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Its too bad we can't actually click on a map listing and have GMap give directions to there. Unless there's a way that I don't know about.
    You mean like searching on the browser and the little Google map box is there?

You can click that and it will bring up Gmaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    You mean like searching on the browser and the little Google map box is there?

You can click that and it will bring up Gmaps.
    No, I mean since GMap now has certain listings right on the map, it'd be nice to be able to click on the names of places and have options.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    No, I mean since GMap now has certain listings right on the map, it'd be nice to be able to click on the names of places and have options.
    Ah I got you...I think I remember having that on the one Google app that was out for Winmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    try satellite view thats where i saw the change
    Cool! I never noticed that before. I like it. I agree it would be very cool to be able to interact with those icons.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer